Trusted Contributor

Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

I have always liked Dunkin coffee.  Plain hot coffee--not the flavored kind.    I never liked Starbucks--too strong and bitter to me.

Trusted Contributor

@furbabylover 

Definitely Dunkin!  That's the only coffee I purchase by the bags.

Starbucks coffee is muddy tasting to me.  Not at all worth the $$.

Trusted Contributor

I have never liked Starbucks and can't understand why people would like strong, bitter tasting coffee, it is horrible.  Dunkin is better.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Maybe I'm late to the show, but it seems like Dunkin has not only matched Starbucks for coffee flavor but has surpassed them. Whenever I have bought a cup of black coffee from Starbucks I am turned off by the bitter, flat flavor. I have recently been going to Dunkin and LOVE the toasty, nutty,  non-acidic brew they offer. And they are a lot cheaper than Starbucks. Which company would you vote for?

@furbabylover 

I actually like coffee from both places but Starbucks always gets my order right. With smiling eyes behind their masks. I stopped going to Dunkin because they do not seem to understand my simple orders. 

If you find the coffee at SB to be bitter you may just need to try a few different ones to find what you like. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dunkin'  my favorite for sure

I can see one from my back window 

I wish it was the store vs me doing Kcups  

Honored Contributor

I prefer Starbucks, but I always get venti iced lattes.  I love them.  I like Dunkin's lattes, too, but they aren't as large.  

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Trusted Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Maybe I'm late to the show, but it seems like Dunkin has not only matched Starbucks for coffee flavor but has surpassed them. Whenever I have bought a cup of black coffee from Starbucks I am turned off by the bitter, flat flavor. I have recently been going to Dunkin and LOVE the toasty, nutty,  non-acidic brew they offer. And they are a lot cheaper than Starbucks. Which company would you vote for?

Dunkin, for all the reasons you give!

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@furbabylover 

Neither.   I rarely buy coffee when I'm out, unless it's after dinner in a restaurent.  One cup in the morning, at home, and that's all I need.

I've always thought Starbucks had a bitter, inferior taste ....  which is why they have to mask it with so many sugars, syrups, whipped cream, etc.  ...  so you don't notice the bitterness.

I don't think I've ever had Dunkin coffee.

Super Contributor

STARBUCKS by a mile!!!!  Dunkin is too weak for me, and taste like tea!

Respected Contributor

We have to drive a long while to find Dunkin'--but I definitely prefer it!