Honored Contributor

Most of these online quizzes and questionnaires are set up specifically to get your email address and phish for information.   

Honored Contributor

We all know that, @RedTop

If you'd looked at the quiz, you would have seen there was nothing required: no identifying info, no email address, no name.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach,

You don’t have to give the information; you are tracked by the device you use, computer, iPad, or phone.   Once you hit their website, they’ve got you.

Honored Contributor

Re: PINPOINT YOUR DIALECT

[ Edited ]

How fun. They put me in Alabama (Birmingham and Mobile). I’m from Georgia so pretty close. 

Honored Contributor

Re: PINPOINT YOUR DIALECT

[ Edited ]

This was interesting.  They survey narrowed it down to three:  Detroit, Newark/Paterson, NJ and Jacksonville, Florida.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@GingerPeach,

You don’t have to give the information; you are tracked by the device you use, computer, iPad, or phone.   Once you hit their website, they’ve got you.

Not if you have your cookies turned off.  I keep mine turned off and if I need to turn them on to visit a site, I delete them right after I am done.  

Respected Contributor

Spot on

Esteemed Contributor

very interesting!!!

I come up Chicago/Aurora I'm Romeoville .... so I'm impressed

although people talking to me ask if I'm from Minnesota. 

Maybe I sound colder than Chicagoland

Esteemed Contributor

Considering that I left the east coast and have been living on the west coast many more years than I lived on the east coast, the survey pinpointed my dialect to be...New York.

Absolutely amazing, and here I thought I lost my New York accent, guess that just doesn't happen.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I have lived in the west all my life....and it was spot on.