Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

This has nothing to do with the AC at Walmart.  I have no idea not being a customer.

Some friends recently attended a self defense class for women.  The class was provided by a local female police officer.   At the end as she was summarizing, she said that the most dangerous place in our town was the local Walmart.   Apparently, it's not unusual for fights to break out accompanied by gun shots.   She said to stay away.   And this is in Santa Fe!    

@Bridgegal 

Does Santa Fe only have one Walmart???  Or is this a particular Walmart in a bad area?

It's the only one and on a main road in a good area.

Honored Contributor

I don't blame a business for the weather, the last couple of times I've shopped the indoor temps were fine.

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear  The Walmart near me and many other stores, including our public library, are exactly the same way.  All I have to do is just step inside, and I start to perspire!  I stay out of them until the Fall.  

Respected Contributor

There are 2 Walmart stores I go to and I don't have the same experience as you at either one of them.  Love Walmart!

Honored Contributor

Re: Our Walmart

[ Edited ]

I have never figured out how Costco keeps their warehouses so cool....the huge, tall ceilings and open entrance and exits must mean a killer amount of money for a/c...especially in our Texas heat...the berry and vegetable area is usually very cold...

I was in WM today...the back of the store was fine....standing in line in the front was very uncomfortable and so warm several people were fanning themselves with magazines or anything else they could find...I thought it was due to being so close to the front doors which are almost always opening as people go in and out. Thank goodness I limit going there as much as possible. Saying anything to a WM manager is pointless in my experience. I also noticed several empty shelves with signs taped to them, but I didn’t read what the signs said. It is usually a shortage of something or a delivery issue. 

Respected Contributor

Don’t care if they blast the air conditioning or not. 

Went into one about two weeks ago and the place was a mess.

Had not been in one in years. Won’t be going in one again either.

Ordered something online last year and had it delivered to here for free.

That is my way of shopping that sorry ___ company.

And, I can honestly say I now know why they are always joking about

Walmart shoppers. What planet are some of them from?

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I have never figured out how Costco keeps their warehouses so cool....the huge, tall ceilings and open entrance and exits must mean a killer amount of money for a/c...especially in our Texas heat...the berry and vegetable area is usually very cold...

My local Costco (Tucson, AZ) is fine most of the time, but they use evaporative cooling to cool the warehouse, not AC & evap is not good in humidity.  During Monsoon, when our humidity goes up, it can get a little warmish in there, not really super miserably hot, but not as delightfully cool as it feels when the dew point & humidity are low.  I love going in the chilled produce & dairy rooms to cool off!

Honored Contributor

Only the fancy, new WalMart in town has enough AC running.  The others are usually too warm too.

My favorite grocery store is always hot, it's a semi-small midwest chain.  I worked there parttime after I retired and ran a fan the whole time but it still didn't ease the heat.  I'd come home hot and sweaty.  In the winter, it would be 90 degrees in there.  And they wouldn't let you drink water on your shift.  Crazy.

Respected Contributor

At least I can leave, the poor workers that have to work under those conditons in there.

I feel sorry for all workers tooo that have to work outside in this extreme heat. I couldnt ever do that.

Respected Contributor

We used to have some nice dept type stores. Walmart came in to town with is fantastic prices and unique things. We were happy and did lots of shopping there. 

But then they ran all the other stores out of our town and we are only left with them as a dept store.

Slowly costs of things have gone up and up and are not that good any longer. They are always out of things, they discontinue things we bought, it takes weeks and months even to get things back in stock.

This is why I am many people in my town are not happy with Walmart.

But we have no choice but to go there unless we want to drive a town or two over.