Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

This has nothing to do with the AC at Walmart.  I have no idea not being a customer.

Some friends recently attended a self defense class for women.  The class was provided by a local female police officer.   At the end as she was summarizing, she said that the most dangerous place in our town was the local Walmart.   Apparently, it's not unusual for fights to break out accompanied by gun shots.   She said to stay away.   And this is in Santa Fe!    

No respectable police officer would say that!

If that was actually said, there are bigger problems within the

police force than at the local Walmart.

I would immediately say, 

‘You are serving our community...and a large, profitable business

is an important part of that community then....

what are you and the Santa Fe Police Department doing

to keeping it safe?”

’Stay away’....seriously? 

I think the gals are pulling your leg. 

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

Our Walmart is nice and cool as is Target and Hobby Lobby.  However, our Utility Co. offers a nice discount to commercial businesses and stores that turn up their thermostats to help conserve energy.  Some stores, take advantage of the discount. One of the major offenders is our only major grocery store chain, HEB; its so warm you sweat as you shop and can't wait to get outta there. Cashiers have tiny battery powered fans at their register.  Certainly not conductive to shopping in store.  So I understand your complaint.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Kroger here is soo cool and feels so nice, makes you want to stay for hours  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'd think the more likely answer is they are having trouble with their AC. If you thought it was hot to shop in imagine the poor people that have to work in there including the managers. They might have guidelines from corporate but a lot of people are saying their Walmart stores are super cool so I wouldn't think the guidelines are to keep it sweltering.

And honestly it's not  a big probability that the manager is thinking about the cost. Those bills would go to corporate and the store wouldn't hear anything unless they were doing something completely crazy. Not everything has to be nefarious.

Honored Contributor

I was in Whole Foods yesterday and it must have been 60 degrees in the store. Felt delicious!

Honored Contributor

@Your walmart mgr does report anything that helps his argument with corporate.  He wants to sell and you can bet corporate wants to.

Trusted Contributor

Walmarts around here are all very cool.  I always bring a sweater to wear whenever I shop there.  Very clean and weel stocked too.  

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

Interesting I thought the same thing today!  I was in our "Neighborhood WM" and I was sweating ... even in the back of the store!  

This is extremely unusual normally I wear a light jacket in the store because it's always freezing in there.

Although, it's so hot & humid here I think someone told me they cut back on the use of a/c during the peak hours -- 

glad its just not my imagination!  I was in & out in a flash...

Respected Contributor

My Walmart is cool inside. 

‘They just treat you like a criminal🤣

Especially at Christmas that warm fuzzy feeling you have is actually security breathing on your neck.🤪😆

Respected Contributor

The checkout situation at our nearest Walmart is awful. One normal checkout lane with long lines, and the rest are self checkout lanes. Yet they have former cashiers standing around to help people who often have problems in the self-service lane. Luckily, the small city where we do grocery shopping has four grocery stores, so we only go to Walmart for cat food. I refuse to give them any more business than that.