Super Contributor

Returning an item that had free shipping

Could someone refresh my memory on how your refund is figured out when the item had free shipping when purchased. I’m deciding if it’s worth it to return. I know that if I use QVC’s return label that they will deduct the shipping charge of $8.95 (or a different amount depending on item) from the refund. I didn’t use easy pay. Do they also deduct for the original shipping amount even though it was free shipping? Thanks. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Returning an item that had free shipping

If there was free shipping on the item, to you, they will NOT DEDUCT any shipping to you because there was no shipping on that particular day. They will only deduct the 6.95 shipping postage back to them

Esteemed Contributor

@Toot1920  Suggest you avoid the QVC Return Label and use your own label to return the package via USPS. You'll be able to have a Tracking Number, it will arrive within days (rather than over a week or longer), you'll be able to contact Customer Service to check on your Credit once you know the package has arrived at QVC and it is less money in most cases! With the QVC Return Label, you don't have any of those benefits.

It you do use the QVC Return Label, NO, you will not be charged for original S&H when an item had Free Shipping the day you purchased it. You will be charged the amount on their Return Label to return the item.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

@tropics21 @BirkiLady  Thank you for your responses. I never seem to remember, 😂. 

I have returned both with their label and on my own. This is kind of heavy so I hadn’t checked if it would be cheaper for me to mail on my own yet. 

Honored Contributor

To keep it simple, you pay shipping to you and from you.  If you paid 0 to you, that's still what you pay when you return.

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920.  Unless your item is very lightweight, you'll probably be money ahead to use the printed label, and you will have a tracking number.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t remember the last time I used my own label and I’ve had no trouble with returns. I usually get a receipt from the post office and I usually get an email when the refund is processed. 

Also so you can view your return like this...go to “order status” in “your account”, “view order” you returned and look for the “track your return” link in the lower right. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady 

What type of USPS shipping do you use? By the time I add insurance coverage, my total is always much higher at the post office if I use my own label than if I use QVC’s label. What am I doing wrong?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you used PayPal (including PP Credit) to make the purchase and then sent the item back, then PP will refund you what it cost to ship it back and that applies to pre-paid return labels as well. You need to sign up for this PP service. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee, I don’t have a paypal account but, thank you for the information. I’ll have to look into it. 😀