Respected Contributor

with walmart being a multi billiondollar company i feel they can afford heat and ac hehe.

up to this summer it has never been like this with their ac

i noticed a few days ago buckets catching leaks from the ceilings.

our store truly needs a makeover, it is dirty and dingy.

yes i was nice in my notes to manager and head office.

Trusted Contributor

Ours is the same way. I know that Walmart headquarters is taking cost-cutting measures like reducing staff. Lowering the AC is probably part of it. I have noticed bare shelves and signs about out of stock items.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

We have several Walmart Stores near me.  The temp is always comfortable and the shelves are always stocked.

i have noticed that the Walmart closest to the city is full of kids and young mothers during the day.  It is so hot and they probably go to the store to be comfortable...no AC at  home.  ( I did that myself back when we were poor and had no AC at home)

Honored Contributor
It sounds like your last post answered my question. You appear to have an older store that needs a remodel and an overhaul of their heating and air. If that’s the case there’s probably not much your manager can do except to continue to plead with corporate that they need to invest some money to upgrade the building.
Honored Contributor

Re: Our Walmart

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear wrote:

Lately in this heat and humidity our Walmart is barely cooler than the outside temp!  It is not a place you can even get cool. Our Kroger is so cool you want to stay in for a long time!  I am sure Walmart can afford to turn the AC up! Having asthma it is actually hard to be in there.

Long lines and soo slow. Not everyone wants to go use the self check lines but I do sometimes when it is taking a super long time to get thru the line.

They really need to address these issues!

Today when I was in Walmart, there are signs everywhere where things are out of stock, saying they are trying hard to get them back.

Being our only store that is a dept type store this is all just not good.

Yes I have put my two cents in to the Manager and the Walmart online corporate site. Not that it will help.

The AC is probably not functioning correctly or the unit is inadequate for the application. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Our Walmart

[ Edited ]

This has nothing to do with the AC at Walmart.  I have no idea not being a customer.

Some friends recently attended a self defense class for women.  The class was provided by a local female police officer.   At the end as she was summarizing, she said that the most dangerous place in our town was the local Walmart.   Apparently, it's not unusual for fights to break out accompanied by gun shots.   She said to stay away.   And this is in Santa Fe!    

Honored Contributor

Does anyone else think that maybe the city might be rationing out energy to cool a business in order to prevent overloading the grid? I thought maybe something like that might be a reason...sort of like how water is placed on restricted usage when there's a drought.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal, so happy we don´t have that problem in Snellville Ga.  The stores are clean. well stocked and cold, Heard a few people complain that it it too cold. I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

This has nothing to do with the AC at Walmart.  I have no idea not being a customer.

Some friends recently attended a self defense class for women.  The class was provided by a local female police officer.   At the end as she was summarizing, she said that the most dangerous place in our town was the local Walmart.   Apparently, it's not unusual for fights to break out accompanied by gun shots.   She said to stay away.   And this is in Santa Fe!    

@Bridgegal 

Does Santa Fe only have one Walmart???  Or is this a particular Walmart in a bad area?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@dex wrote:

The doors open so many times during the day that it is hard to keep the store cool.I think during high humidity the air conditioner can’t keep up.The empty shelves problem is something corporate should get notified about though if they want to stay profitable.

I'm not sure that has anything to do with the issue.

Any Walmart I have ever been to had a double entrance.  You enter into an enclosed lobby of sorts (for lack of a better word) then again through another set of doors into the store.

Ours doesn't have a double entrance