Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions on other shopping channels?

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

One thing that I don't understand, and dislike, is the fact that all three of these home-shopping channels don't offer free shipping when buying a minimum set amount. It's a very rare event when the do these "spree" days. Everyone else, amazon's $49, jet's $35...and many more stores do it everyday. 

@SilleeMee

On special days, HSN does offer a one time S/H charge when you spend a certain amount.  I don't know if QVC has ever done so,

@MyGirlsMom,

Yes, exactly what I was saying about the "spree" days when hsn does it. These spree days are designated for certain categories like beauty, jewelry etc....They are great!Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

HSN offers FREES/H on shoes everyday and they also have days where all beauty is FREE.  A few weeks ago, for four days they had FREE S/H on all beauty, fashion and jewelry. 

I've done the majority of my home shopping with HSN

Evine has nice brands.  I like their Waterford, 100% pure and a few other brands but you have to "watch" their s/h prices...sometimes they're too steep.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Back in the day (when HSN had Tootie) I thought QVC was so superior to any other shopping channel.  Now, I buy far more from HSN than I do from QVC.

EVINE is more of a miss than a hit for me.  I like Samuel B jewelry, and some Beekman 1802 products.  I've never received a hit when it comes to fashion.  Almost everything I've ordered was (pretty much) mart store quality.

Honored Contributor

And hsn offers multiple flexpays on those special days, too. I love that.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

EVINE shipping time is long..I ordered a top on July 26 and it just shipped today....other than that hsn, EVINE and qvc are ok...in fact I forgot what I ordered !!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

I only shop at QVC.  I don't have 24 hrs a day to watch shopping channels.   I am not saying anything bad about the others but I watch more news then anything else.  I have certain shows I watch.  Sign up for the reminders and that is it. 

And that's fine.  However, I don't know anyone who watches any shopping channel 24 hours a day.  I know I don't.  The question was about opinions of other shopping channels, not how much time one spends on them.  It's easy enough to see schedules from all three networks and know if there is something one might be interested in. Sometimes, weeks go by when I never turn them on.  

One thing though, if I need to purchase something, I know I won't find it on a news show.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(thread title)

That would be me/I. My opinion? I buy zip from this network, but buy at times from the other 2 mentioned. There are many reasons for my choice.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your honest opinions and information! I appreciate it. I guess I will have to just buy a thing or 2 from the other channels and see what I think. I guess it depends on personal preferences but I trust what you all are saying and I appreciate your feedback.

To add- DH just ordered something on HSN and he said he went online, clicked on it and checked out without a membership card or number (another words just like you shop on Amazon). Sounds good to me! (Of course I will probably still watch at times to see the clothing on people) But what DH ordered wasnt clothing. He said he got a deal of 2 for 1 so he can give 1 as a gift.

PS) And I really do love QVC, and intend to still shop on QVC at times. But am just looking for better deals.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles