Trusted Contributor

Re: Opinions on other shopping channels?

[ Edited ]

I shop on QVC. I trust their customer service. Through the many years with them I have been satisfied. Yes some of the products were not to good but CS solved the problem. I use to buy Denim and Company but the clothing now is not that great. Also some other lines of clothing on the Q is so expensive it's unbelievable! HSN was always been a step down. I have bought from them. Some of the things are cheap junk. I rarely buy there. CS is ok just ok.  Evine nothing impressed me and I read about their terrible return policy and customer service. Amazon I rarely buy from but I hear they are good. When buying on line I really look for a company that will stand behind what they are selling and willing to make good if not satisfied. QVC even after the 30 days and something goes wrong with the product at times they will credit you. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have never bought anything from Evine....I do not get it on my cable channels, but I do get it on the Roku set up on the tv in the bedroom!  I have watched Evine a few times, but nothing impressed me!  I am sure it is a good shopping channel, just not interested right now!

However, I do love HSN more than the Q!  I think their "clearance"sales in all departments, ...clothes, jewelry and home are out of this world and with free shipping deals and lots of easy pay, even better.

I wish the Q would take notice of what HSN has been doing for so long and start offering better deals.

I was watching logo last night for just a few minutes and saw where a top was for sell for almost $80.00.... include tax and shipping, close to $90!  I just shook my head and said to myself..."are they out of their cotton picking minds"?????  Seriously?????  Then reality set in and i immediately changed the channel!  Prices like that for a basic T-shirt with a little thrill to it just makes the customer run for the hills instead of buying!  Get a clue, Q....or you will be scrambling to catch up with the reality of retail shopping!  

Esteemed Contributor

I have been pretty satisfied with QVC now that I am retired.  However, I purchase specialty items, gifts etc  from Nordstrom.  I have been a little bit disappointed in Nordstrom as they have been getting a bit "trendy".  Evine, I find to be the worst and clothing cheaply made and run smaller.  I have purchased my share of Chuck's jewelry way back but the quality changed.  I can't stand Michael V nor his jewelry line; looks cheap the way the gold is applied.  Once in a while I tune into Paul with gem insider but I really don't need any more jewelry unless it is something special.  I can't even go into the saturation and fascination with Invicta 

HSN I have purchased from certain vendors and am pleased ....I love everything about Iris Apfel....I have a view Xavier pieces as I love the Art Deco style and they are made well.  I purchased many DG2 jeans at one time but gave up on them with vanity sizing and the colors coming off on my body and underclothes not to mention the odor.  I do like the G by Giuliana (Rancic) line.  I've just purchased her jeans and they aren't made great and have an odor that washes away but the fit/style great.  I think a lot of Heidi Daus pieces are cute and funky but I don't wear suits any longer so pins are out and the rest not really suited to my lifestyle but they seem to look well made.  The slinky brand I tried and hated; shows every lump and bump, thin, poorly made...tried a few other clothing brands but overall the quality just isn't there.  I do like Twiggy's clothing...I have a few pieces and the quality is good.  Jay King, terrible craftsmanship and poor quality stones....everything I purchased from him was either returned or fell apart.   So for HSN, quality, sizing just not there generally.  Can't stand Joy and Iman. 

QVC has overall good quality.  I did like H by Halston initially but not crazy about recent offerings and style.  Logo is expensive for what you get and sometimes the quality is not there and some layering is nice but not like a bag lady with my entire wardrobe on but that's personal taste.  I do like Logo lace but would never wear those prints with prints and some colors used together...but logo is versatile.  I love the quality of IM and some D&C but not all.  I have some SG pieces as they travel well and so do I.  QVC jewelry, the real stuff is superior to the other 2 channels.  I would say I am most satisfied with QVC followed by HSN, brand specific and Evine, well, rarely do I watch or buy but never for clothing.

i don't use PayPal so I don't know and you need not be a member for any of the networks; you can use your own credit card, stored or each time on line or by phone.  

Esteemed Contributor

one more thing!  The Q wised up and did not have the jewelry show from Italy this year.  That saved costs because for years, even though I loved when Lisa presented it, it was an unnecessary cost to fly these people over there and sit in front of a villa that was certainly inflated in the prices passed on to customers.  The same thing stopped this year with the "cure by the shore" in the Hamptons, even though I do think this was a great cause for charity!

Now we will see if they stopped the silly "red carpet" show next year in California, which like Italy shows, unnecessarily passed costs to customers!  Another thing, why spend more money hiring a person for diamonique to sit with the host and present?  Utterly ridiculous and waste of money!  Hosts have been presenting diamonique all these years without help!  No need for that! Again, wasteful spending passed onto the customers!

While I am glad hosts have jobs, I just think they have hired too many!  You do not need all those hosts!  Just stop presenting two hosts on shows, where only one is needed!  Like the clothing shows!  Only one host with each vendor is all you need!  Geez..start downsizing in unnecessary spendable habits that we know are passed on to the consumer!

Honored Contributor

I have bought Adrienne's Meltdowns for years on HSN........and I always have to sign in, but I have an a/c there.    I don't know how they handle the phone orders, tho.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I buy specific items from specific channels; Isaac clothing and Bixby skull items here....House, shoes, jewelry, stuff for the boys at HSN.....skincare and Waterford at Evine.

For the most part, HSN carries the brands I prefer so I do far more shopping there than anywhere else. It took a few years to figure out what worked the best for me and know I watch the sales/promos and buy accordingly.

Slinky or liquid knits are great for traveling. The brand wears well. You can purchase without having to use a HSN card or being a member. Their CS is excellent. Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

Everyone carries items that are hit or miss.  HSN does a good job with free s/h and they deeply discount items.  The problem is that many times, I think items on HSN are overpriced to begin with because they deeply discount them.  Many of the retailer values on clothing are grossly overstated. 

I probably order the least from Evine.  I have found that most of the clothing is rather cheap and just doesn't hold up all that well and a lot of it looks the same.  You just have to watch what you are buying.  Last week they had a maxi dress from Kate & Mallory as a top value and when you looked at it, the print didn't match from front to back, a sure sign of cheap.  This is typical with that line of clothing.      

I have to honestly say that I have had the best luck with clothing items from QVC.  I have items in my closet that have been there for years.  I just cannot say the same for most clothing items from HSN or Evine.  With those 2 channels, something is always wrong with the clothes in short order.  They pill, they shrink, they get thread bare.  I don't know but I realized recently that the clothes in my closet that I end up tossing the soonest are from Evine, definitely.   

Honored Contributor

Evine Live-One World = Junk !!! Purchased several tops and couple dresses. Returned every single item.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Evine Live-One World = Junk !!! Purchased several tops and couple dresses. Returned every single item.

That's how I feel about Hot in Hollywood, that's junk too.

Trusted Contributor

I shop all 3 networks.  I think the Q and HSN have the best customer service.  I buy different things from different places.  If I'm buying inexpensive clothing I am not buying the item as an investment piece - it is mostly a piece of trendy clothing that I will wear for a season or two and then donate so I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on anything like that.  So for me Evine and HSN fit the bill for some clothing items.  I got some cute Kate & Mallory tops from Evine.  I still like my DG2's but that vanity sizing is getting a little crazy.  I love the coupons and free shipping perks I get at Evine and HSN.  I think some of the Q's clothing are way overpriced for what they are.  With that said, the Q has a lot of items that I do like.  I love the "as is" department on the Q.  I have bought some great Marc Fisher sandals, jewelry and SG items.  I'm glad I don't have to make a choice because I'm not sure I could.  Not a fan of JTV at all.  GemShopping for me is for window shopping only Woman LOL

Macys for me is still the best for clothing items for my daily work life.