Respected Contributor

What are passengers supposed to do with their hands?

[ Edited ]

When the driver of a vehicle gets pulled over?  What if there are many passengers in the back seat besides the one up front.  Where do the hands go? 

Respected Contributor

Re: What are passengers supposed to do with their hands?

@truffle wrote:

When the driver of a vehicle gets pulled over?  What if there are many passengers in the back seat besides the one up front.  Where do the hands go? 

Huh?

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I would put my hands on my knees where the LE officer could see them.

Honored Contributor

If you're in the front seat, hands on the dash, if you're in the back seats, hands on the back of the seat/headrest of the seat in front of you.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

The State of Illinois will be writing new material to their drivers education curriculum on what to do when pulled over by police.  We are always told to place our hands on the steering wheel.  Hopefully this will be spelled out for students when they are passengers as well. 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

If you're in the front seat, hands on the dash, if you're in the back seats, hands on the back of the seat/headrest of the seat in front of you.

Thanks, this makes the most sense. 

Respected Contributor

Seems like a very common sense answer ---- where the police officer can see them.

Honored Contributor

Gosh.......I don't have a clue.    I used to make my husband ride in the back seat because he was such a nuisance.   But sometimes he would squeeze between the seats to fiddle with the air conditioner or radio.    A couple times he got stuck on the gear shift.   A few times.......he actually climbed over the front bucket from the back seat...........He had food stashed all over the place, too.................    I guess I'm lucky I was never pulled over, because he would have been a real challenge for the police officer.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

The three times I got tickets I reached over to get my registration before the cop came to my window.  What are we suppose to do now?  Is there a new rule?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Young drivers and inexperienced drivers are dying folks because they didn't know what to do as they accidentally frightened LE.