Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinions on other shopping channels?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@itiswhatitis  What do you mean "without checking in"?

@Kachina624, yes I have an account with HSN, but I don't need to log in to place an order.  They take regular Pay Pal.  

I stopped shopping on the Q for a while.  I still shop here minimally because they don't take regular pay pal.  Even Nordstrom's let you check out with pay pal and no account.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@excpa wrote:

I shop everywhere.  Evine clothing is ok and they give garment measurements.  The run small compared to QVC.  (Of late, QVC runs small compared to QVC.  Go figure.)The quality very much depends on which line you purchase.  Their sales are good.  Their shipping is high.  I have bought many rings from them but, again, the shipping is high and doesn't get refunded unless you make a really big fuss because the product was not as advertized.  

HSN doesn't give garment measurements and, again, it depends on the line.  I like Iman's jackets but I go up a size and only buy them on sale.  They have very good sales.  You can flag and item (give it a heart) and they let you know when the price drops or it's about to sell out.   DG jeans are declining in quality, slinky fabric is kind of thin but stretchy.   A little hot for summer.   They have nice jewelry and frequently do free shipping or half-price shipping and they keep track.

I would suggest a trial purchase of sale items for size and style. I don't buy many clothing items, either, but I'm a sucker for Iman's moto jackets.   The last one I got hasn't come yet, but it is a stretch denim for $9.95.  The suede ones ran an average of $30 on sale.  You don't have to use their credit cards.  HSN also uses VISA checkout and PayPal;  Evine uses PayPal but I haven't bought anything is a while, so I don't know if they've gone to VISA checkout.  They both have a version of EZ pay and Evinne send a warning email every month.  Hope this helps.

HSN does give garment measurements most of the time.  However you have to hunt for them.  So stupid the way they have it set up.  They give you their standard HSN size chart as well as the manufacturer's specs right next to the item.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I have shopped at HSN from day one as I have QVC even though it came along ten years later.  I don't get Evine on my cable schedule, so I have shopped there online, albeit infrequently. 

There are so many major differences between HSN and QVC, it would be hard to differentiate all of them on this limited forum, but I will give a few examples of my likes and dislikes. 

In the beginning, QVC "said" one of the ways they were going to differentiate themselves from HSN was to not go for the "hard sell" tactic. Ummm, we all see that went by the wayside. I actually think the opposite has happened...Q has very much adopted the hard sell tactic and HSN moved further away from it. 

Some will say the Q has better quality clothing, but shoppers have to decide that for themselves. That might account for the higher prices, but again, that is subjective. What isn't subjective is HSN has REAL sales and they do a lot of free shipping. I just ordered a Samantha Brown luggage set and got free shipping. Easy pay is okay, but still apples and oranges different and not as important to me as real sale prices and free S&H. 

On the having to be a member...you don't. I just use my bank card I have had on file since the beginning, the same as I do at the Q. I don't know if either accept pay pal. 

I guess,on the whole, it just depends on what I am looking for.  I order much more from QVC, but like a lot of vendors at HSN too. I have to add here that I am thrilled that HSN has not adopted some of the irritating catch phrases QVC runs rampant with and even more thrilled that they don't do the obligatory hug fest with every vendor. 

On sizing, I find them to be about the same for me. I like both channels about equally...again, it has a lot to do with what one is looking for. 

P.S. I still think Lisa Rinna should have been shown the door. 

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624, yes I have an account with HSN, but I don't need to log in to place an order.  They take regular Pay Pal.  

I stopped shopping on the Q for a while.  I still shop here minimally because they don't take regular pay pal.  Even Nordstrom's let you check out with pay pal and no account.

Of course you don't need to log in.  You can pick up the phone and call.  You do need to give your user name and password to place an online order, so you need an account on file.

In your statement above, you say QVC does take regular PayPal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think both HSN and Evine have more than their share of cheap clothing.  When they hold a piece up and you can see through it, you know it's a flimsy piece of junk.  Keep in mind that you get what you pay for.  I believe sizing runs smaller on both HSN and Evine, as is usually the case where they're skimping to save a few pennies.

Surely you can imagine what the quality would be on a three-piece set for $40.

Yes, you have "to join" to buy from them,  channels). in that you have to set up an account and have your credit card on file just as you do at QVC.

I disagree with your opinion of HSN's clothes. Just because they cost less dos not make them cheap! I find myself buying almost exclusively from HSN(concerning home shopping channels). Their items are well made and their fabrics are of good quality. Slinky is a well loved brand and if it was't then women wouldn't be buying it. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U To answer your questions, I love HSN and really like Evine. I buy a lot of clothes from HSN and I found that I can buy a size smaller with most of their designers. Iman makes awesome jeans and slacks. Evine's dresses and tops are flowy and colorful. Both shopping channels offer flex pays and low S&H.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Of course you don't need to log in.  You can pick up the phone and call.  You do need to give your user name and password to place an online order, so you need an account on file.

In your statement above, you say QVC does take regular PayPal.

@Kachina624, I'm not going to argue with you.  You do not need an account # online to order from HSN. I don't call anyone when I'm using Pay Pal.  How's that work? What can customer service do to help if you use pay pal?  Nothing.   I do it online and I use my Pay Pal and NO I do not call a soul.

Think I'm lying?  Why would I have to?  I said in another thread I have done this countless times.  I even do it at NORDSTROM'S AND MACYS.  No account #. 

1.  Add items to cart

2.  Check out with Pay Pal  (PP) populates the personal info needed and submit.  Voila!

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I rarely buy clothing here as the clothing is too conservative and often heavier uncomfortable material with frequent stitching inconsistencies and with jean types way too high waisted for my  taste and body type.  I find HSN and EVINE having a wider selection and more eclectic styles.  I really like Marc of New York on HSN and Indigo Thread on Evine and find them more to my liking.  The materials are lighter and I find them rather good quality that wash up nicely.     

Respected Contributor

I shop at Evine for basically two things - One World, for clothes, and Gems En Vouge for jewelry. VERY occasionally  from Gem Treasures. That's about it. I used to buy Margie's  home items (mainly mirrors and Tiffany lamps), but not for a very long time, her offerings are not nearly the same as they once were.

I have never shopped on HSN.

And, I shop online always with both places. I have my credit card infomation stored in my billing information. I have never used PayPal for any purchases anywhere, so I can not say anything about it.

Women have complained about returning items to Evine, I have never had any problem. And, I have never have talked to a rude person there either. Same with the Q. Now, with both places - either one of them like "too many" returns. Which to me is stupid, but whatever I suppose...

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I have bought a few things from HSN - a wallet on a string that I love and use every day and I bought a Slinky outfit at the beginning of summer. I love their Slinky outfits.