Trusted Contributor

@Travone  ..... Not a fan of his BUT he has impressed me so far. Now, if he would only extend the deadline for the state income tax like the IRS ask I would be happier.

Honored Contributor
Love both Govenor DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton with the Ohio Department of Health. They are both doing an excellent job with this.

It's my understanding that the reason for the prayer and the Psalm yesterday was because the first Ohio death from this virus was a friend of his.
Honored Contributor
I wanted to add that one of the reasons Ohio has taken quicker steps to try and contain this is because we are sister state to Hubei Province, China so there were a lot of people going back and forth between Ohio and there.
Honored Contributor

EllieMuncaster,

I am a native of Maryland but no longer live there.  When this pandemic threat started to unspool, in my estimation, Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland was the first person -- on any level of government -- to emerge as a true leader.

Governor Hogan's actions set the standard for those who soon followed behind.  I don't believe he has prayed, but he showed innovative thinking, guts and initiative first.

Esteemed Contributor

@EllieMuncaster 

@golding76 

I agree about Governor Hogan.

I'm in Southern Maryland and, like you, never paid much attention to him.  However, I feel he really is trying to think ahead and do all he can to help.

He's not on TV much, but I make a point to listen to him when he is.  And, I've bookmarked the site where they give his updated info.

Believe he has our best interests and safety top of mind.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

He said, 'live like you've got it.'

This is very helpful, most helpful, actual solid advice.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard your gov interviewed and he left a good impression. I also liked J. Kasich a lot. Big state. Glad you're getting good guidance. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau