Honored Contributor

Got an idea for "things to do, since we're home anyway"

For one of the shows on YT yesterday, it was suggested to do Spring Cleaning one day at a time.  So, I've got it set up, to do one zone, so to speak, each day next week.  I've even given a day or two, to tidy up the basement areas that can use it.  Another week down!!! & I'll feel a sense of accomplishment to boot.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Got an idea for "things to do, since we're home anyway"

@qualitygal : I had planned to spring clean and declutter but dealing with very bad case of vertigo. Yesterday was interesting trying to cook while holding onto my walker and not make any quick turns. Took me about an hour to get the frozen soup defrosted and making grilled cheese sandwiches. Today will be a challenge but determined to stay positive and count my Blessings during this trying times. Proud of your accomplishments and hopefully you will have the necessary strength and energy to finish your projects. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a big declutterer, but my husband isn't.  But, during all this, he agreed that we could go through his armoire/dresser.  It took us 4 smallish sessions, but we finished it yesterday.  It was a huge accomplishment.

Today, we're starting his side of our bedroom closet.  The rest of our house is in terrifice shape.

As for me????  To help a small local business out, yesterday I bought 2 jigsaw puzzles.  I have the attention span of a fruit fly, but I'm going to give them a try.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I've told myself this is a great way to spend this downtime, but I somehow always find something else to do instead of cleaning. I've got to put my iPad away and get down to business - thanks for the nudge!

Honored Contributor

I just got rid of phone books that were 6 years old! Being recycled next week.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm a big declutterer, but my husband isn't.  But, during all this, he agreed that we could go through his armoire/dresser.  It took us 4 smallish sessions, but we finished it yesterday.  It was a huge accomplishment.

Today, we're starting his side of our bedroom closet.  The rest of our house is in terrifice shape.

As for me????  To help a small local business out, yesterday I bought 2 jigsaw puzzles.  I have the attention span of a fruit fly, but I'm going to give them a try.

@gidgetgh 

Better-half recently introduced me to online jigsaw puzzles and now I'm hooked.  If you need more puzzles, check out TheJigsawPuzzles.com.

Drag and click pieces into place.  Thousands of options.  Big fun.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh 

Better-half recently introduced me to online jigsaw puzzles and now I'm hooked.  If you need more puzzles, check out TheJigsawPuzzles.com.

Drag and click pieces into place.  Thousands of options.  Big fun.

@just bee - thanks!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

I've told myself this is a great way to spend this downtime, but I somehow always find something else to do instead of cleaning. I've got to put my iPad away and get down to business - thanks for the nudge!

Girl, I can relate...I spent most of this first week home, avoiding things I need to be doing, blobbing out, and spending lots of time on my iPad too. Finally, got disgusted with myself, cooked some healthy eats, tryinnnng to snack less, started working out again a few days ago, and today, I'm in the midst of some deep cleaning...finally! That is....until the paper towels run out! 3 rolls available, trying to really use them thoroughly! Of course, still checking the iPad, or else I wouldn't be here! lol. I'm an introvert by nature, but dang, I miss social interaction right now! Ok...good luck!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh 

Would love to convince my DH to go through his closet & dressers, but he just doesn’t see it as necessary.

I love jigsaw puzzles! Will definitely be working a few over the next several weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh 

Would love to convince my DH to go through his closet & dressers, but he just doesn’t see it as necessary.

I love jigsaw puzzles! Will definitely be working a few over the next several weeks. 

@wilma 

Check out the online jigsaw puzzles on TheJigsawPuzzles.com.  Thousands of designs and you can choose the shapes of the pieces and the number of pieces, too.

Don't need to clear off the dining room table, either. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~