Honored Contributor

Is it possible to have the national guard to help with  all the shortages,  is it a transportation problem?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Transportation, safety, etc, by the National Guard was covered in trump's press meeting yesterday.  He said it's up to each state since the National Guard reports to governors, not to the federal government.  

Shortages are the fault of people who panic and hoard.  Today, the news reported that manufacturing of a lot of products, including toilet paper, has been increased.  It'll be shipped when they produce it.

Honored Contributor

I read there is a trucker shortage. Combine that with hoarding and, in my city, over-population then that spells shortages. Around here stores can't get stocked up fast enough because it flies off the shelves faster than they can get it out there.

I can't even get groceries delivered...services are shut down or booked until eternity. I hope I don't have to go into quarantine because I am here alone and there is no one to get groceries or supplies for me. I'm skruud.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I read there is a trucker shortage. Combine that with hoarding and, in my city, over-population then that spells shortages. Around here stores can't get stocked up fast enough because it flies off the shelves faster than they can get it out there.

I can't even get groceries delivered...services are shut down or booked until eternity. I hope I don't have to go into quarantine because I am here alone and there is no one to get groceries or supplies for me. I'm skruud.

I know how you feel,did you get your food for your baby?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I ordered dog food from Amazon. But it won't get here until the middle or end of next month. I have enough dog food now to last beyond that. I am just trying to stay ahead of the game by ordering now and for the future. Not hoarding, just preparing for shortages.

Honored Contributor

There was a husband and wife Trucker team on Fox this morning.

They said there is NO shortage of goods...the problem is the panic and the hoarding!

People need to STOP buying excess!

They said the supply chain is in full swing...there is no shortage of truckers.

Their only issue was shortage of Rest Stops!  Towns are bringing them food right to their trucks for lunch since big rigs can't go thru the drive-thru and they don't want ppl walking up.

Try Chewy for pet supplies.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Transportation, safety, etc, by the National Guard was covered in trump's press meeting yesterday.  He said it's up to each state since the National Guard reports to governors, not to the federal government.  

Shortages are the fault of people who panic and hoard.  Today, the news reported that manufacturing of a lot of products, including toilet paper, has been increased.  It'll be shipped when they produce it.

@CalminHeart 

Panic and hoarding and also vendors selling on Amazon and Ebay---just look at the number of TP vendors---!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee I think we will be able to get basics and sometimes have to step out of our brand name comfort zone or have some less than delightful meals along the way.  Think "in" the box sort of!

At least food is available and weird paper products usually.

Today I was searching around for some pickup butter and thinking we've become Russia.  You just have to spend time looking at options and being creative.  Who would have imagined a month ago?

Keep calm, carry on and we'll get through it I believe!  Many thoughts and prayers for all!

Honored Contributor
My daughter is one of many truckers hauling freight across the US. She is out 7 days at a time, with a quick reset at home in between; just enough time to do her laundry and get restful sleep in her own bed. WV didn't have cases of the virus until the last few days, but she has been in states with the virus for 2 weeks. My daughter usually hauls fresh food items.
Respected Contributor

@RedTop The next time you talk with your daughter please express my sincere appreciation to her.