Honored Contributor

My grandmother would put a slice of muenster cheese (always that variety of cheese) into her coffee to melt it and then would eat the gooey cheese with a spoon and take sips of her coffee.  

Honored Contributor

Before I became a diabetic, I liked cream cheese and jelly sandwiches

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Odd Food Combos

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

A really good piece of chocolate (preferably with almonds) or a dark chocolate brownie and a glass of red wine, like Robert Mondavi Private selection Cab aged in bourbon barrels. Yum.

Pears (not too ripe) with a soft cheese like St. Nectaire. Or even with a robust blue cheese.

Apple slices with all natural organic crunchy peanut butter (favorite of my doggies too!).

Rosemary fries.

Rosemary and olive oil on popcorn.

Rosemary crackers with jalepeno or some type of spicy jam/jelly and cream cheese.

ETA: I forgot one of my all time favorites-Lavender Latte made with real lavender! Who would have thought that could be so delicous? Also a mocha with tons of chili powder in it. Yum.

@HappyDaze

Now I want to try a lavendar latte in the worst way!  My niece--the pastry chef makes lavendar macarons and a neighborhood bakery offers lemon lavendar muffins.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Odd Food Combos

[ Edited ]

@RazorSharp wrote:

Aside from the Miracle Whip and peanut butter, I think most of these combinations actually sound good.  

That is because you have to sprinkle the peanut butter with sugar......then add a banana to the sandwich!   Yum!

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty weird about food but I remember when we used to go diving in Monterey Bay (cold water diving) and after a dive I always craved a beer and an ice cream bar (just your basic vanilla ice cream coated in chocolate).

I would stand there by the vehicle, before even changing out of my dive gear with the beer in one hand and the ice cream bar in the other.  It was lovely.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Before I became a diabetic, I liked cream cheese and jelly sandwiches

@cherry, cream cheese isn't nearly as bad for diabetics as a lot of other things. Only 3.5 g of carbs in 3 oz. I use only sugar-free or reduced sugar jam. The hardest part is finding lower carb, higher fiber bread :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I like half of a baked potato topped with small curd cottage cheese with chives and a lot of black pepper on it.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

Aside from the Miracle Whip and peanut butter, I think most of these combinations actually sound good.  

That is because you have to sprinkle the peanut butter with sugar......then add a banana to the sandwich!   Yum!

I have added the banana, but not the sugar.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I like half of a baked potato topped with small curd cottage cheese with chives and a lot of black pepper on it.

I could see that tasting akin to sour cream.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm pretty weird about food but I remember when we used to go diving in Monterey Bay (cold water diving) and after a dive I always craved a beer and an ice cream bar (just your basic vanilla ice cream coated in chocolate).

I would stand there by the vehicle, before even changing out of my dive gear with the beer in one hand and the ice cream bar in the other.  It was lovely.  Smiley Happy

I used to get a full British breakfast at the pub and have it with a pint of ale.