Respected Contributor

@Candyapple wrote:
Leftover cold pizza and milk when I was a kid, not now.

Sardine sandwiches with mayo and cheese

Sardines on crackers with mustard

Delicious stew containing organ meats -- gizzards, liver, hearts

Cream cheese spread on chunks of soppresata with any kind of nuts on top

Fig jam spread on chunks of muenster cheese

I agree about the Miracle Whip. It tastes like mayonnaise that turned sour. Disgusting!

@Candyapple I read every post in this thread and could enjoy most of the combos, but then I got to the second one on your list and said "no way." Then it went downhill! Lol. I admire your courageous pallet. It's funny about the Miracle Whip as it tastes slightly metallic and sweet to me.

Respected Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

Aside from the Miracle Whip and peanut butter, I think most of these combinations actually sound good.  The only quirk I have is that I love the taste of potato chips after eating some chocolate.  My grandfather used to put Cool Whip on Buffalo wings. 

Have you ever tried chocolate covered potato chips? The best!!!

Super Contributor
@SunValley --- LOL. That's ok. Most people think my combinations are gross; that's why I try to only eat them when no one's around. Have a good day!
Honored Contributor

Ice cream stirred up like a malt, with chips to dip it up. As a kid I loved this.

Respected Contributor

Re: Odd Food Combos

[ Edited ]

Not to change the subject...but I find quite a bit of food combinations to be odd nowadays compared to what I grew up with! Now with "Food Fusion".  Although, I must say, I like most everything! Growing up in NJ in the 60's I remember the first time I had a California burger(hamburger with lettuce and tomato) and I thought that was odd...lol! Nowadays, anything goes! Y'all know what I'm talking about!😀Smiley Very Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

My mother loved potato chips with a glass of milk!

Respected Contributor

Peanut butter, crisp iceberg lettuce and mayo on soft white bread. It's best served with chocolate milk! My Mom introduced it to me a million years ago!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

None of the combos are making me queezy but not sure I could eat some of them. When I was little, my dad would spread grape jelly on white bread, cut it in little squares, put it in a bowl and pour milk over it for dessert. That is comfort food to me now. I love peanut butter and sliced radishes on white bread.

I dated a guy once whos sister would mix coke and beer. That gives me the willies more than any of the food combos here. LOL!

cookin

Honored Contributor

I love crushed fritos on my ice cream.  Sweet n salty

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I grew up putting potato chips or Fritos in my tuna sandwiches, or peanut butter. I suppose it would work for other sammies too. My grandmother & mother did it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all