Respected Contributor

Re: New UPS Delivery Procedures

I have not found a good answer for anything regarding my UPS situation.  I had no problem for about the first 6 years in this house.  Then in January one year (in which I had done a lot of online shopping) UPS called me wanting some package addressed for someone else back claiming the driver had left it at my house.  I never got that package and why would a driver leave someone else's package at my door.  The whole tone was very rude like they were accusing me of having this box.  After that suddenly my usual Amazon, QVC, etc. packages now had to be signed for.  I work so am not at home during the day to receive a package.  They mostly would not leave anything even if I signed the paper and left it on the door.  

Then it was hit or miss.  Sometimes they might leave a big package at my door but something cheap they would not leave.  Even though I am near a city, it is in a different state so I have to drive 40 minutes to my UPS place so very inconvenient.

When I saw you could use an access point I signed up for that and most of the time it works well.  I can go to a store about 8 minutes away and they will keep it for about a week for you to pick up.  

However, at least twice I got notificiation that they weren't accepting packages, even though when I did ask at the store they said they were and not that busy.  So on those 2 times, UPS claimed they would deliver to my home, which they didn't and both times I did have to do the 40 min. drive.

Also, I order from HSN a lot which goes halfway by UPS and halfway by mail.  Usually, the postman leaves it and I have no problems.  But sometimes the UPS truck brings it- they won't deliver these HSN packages to the access store and bring them here and then you have the will they or won't they leave it problem again.

Sorry so long- but I have left out half of my frustrating times with them!   It is like a guessing game everytime!

Honored Contributor

I live in a house in a typical suburban subdivision.  UPS just leaves packages; there are no notices.  Heck I can't remember the last time they even rang the doorbell.  I peek outside late in the afternoon and discover packages. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It doesn't make sense to me to entrust something you paid for to someone else (strangers!) without your explicit permission to do that.  

Contributor

You can sign up for UPS and FedEx emails notifying you of delivery date and time.  They will send you another email after the package has been delivered.

You can also have the packages delivered to a UPS store and the FedEx store as well.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

It doesn't make sense to me to entrust something you paid for to someone else (strangers!) without your explicit permission to do that.  

@Pearlee, I don't think anyone is talking about UPS leaving packages with strangers. What I inferred is that some have had to pick up their packages at a UPS store if no one answered at home the first time.

Personally, that sounds to me as if a signature was required, something that I rarely if ever have with UPS deliveries.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I doubt it very much that UPS would have drop off sites instead of delivering to your home.  UPS is well aware of all he seniors now (baby boomers) so I say this will not happen.   HeartCat Surprised

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee, I don't think anyone is talking about UPS leaving packages with strangers. What I inferred is that some have had to pick up their packages at a UPS store if no one answered at home the first time.

Personally, that sounds to me as if a signature was required, something that I rarely if ever have with UPS deliveries.

@suzyQ3  By "strangers" I meant employees at a UPS store. I understood the post.  The  pkg. shouldn't be left elsewhere without the purchasers/recipient's permission.

I don't know the people at a UPS store.  On the few occasions I've taken packages there, I have gotten drop off receipts for them, lest any of the employees decide to just steal it.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@suzyQ3  By "strangers" I meant employees at a UPS store. I understood the post.  The  pkg. shouldn't be left elsewhere without the purchasers/recipient's permission.

I don't know the people at a UPS store.  On the few occasions I've taken packages there, I have gotten drop off receipts for them, lest any of the employees decide to just steal it.

@Pearlee, you have already given your permision for UPS to be in charge of your package when you make your purchase and choose them. So with your logic, then, I would suggest that you not trust your packages with any UPS people -- store or delivery

We have our business mail and some packages delivered to our local UPS store because it is much more convenient for us than doing so at our local post office. The UPS employees are hard-working and honest people.

There are always bad apples that pop up, but the UPS people and USPS are, IMO, exceptionally trustworthy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3  Thanks for your suggestions but I decline.  I don't agree wih you nor to I want whatever it is you "suggest" for me. I didn't seek your advice, nor do I welcome it.   You can keep at this, but I'm out.   

@suzyQ3 wrote:
@Pearlee wrote:
@suzyQ3 wrote:
@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee, you have already given your permision for UPS to be in charge of your package when you make your purchase and choose them. So with your logic, then, I would suggest that you not trust your packages with any UPS people -- store or delivery

We have our business mail and some packages delivered to our local UPS store because it is much more convenient for us than doing so at our local post office. The UPS employees are hard-working and honest people.

There are always bad apples that pop up, but the UPS people and USPS are, IMO, exceptionally trustworthy.

Honored Contributor

Jeez, try to have a decent conversation. That'll teach me.