Honored Contributor

I'm grateful my husband decided he had enough with the NYC traffic and decided it was time to pack it in and retire.

Who knows what time he would have walked in the door last night if he were still working.

Honored Contributor

We all are at risk ,no matter where we live.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

I am glad you are both ok.

Thought of you yesterday... DDs friend works in the building right at that intersection. They were on lockdown...very scary.

She made it home safely.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: NYC terror attack

[ Edited ]

He was here for 7 years as a result of a diversification lottery program on a Visa....no vetting.  Sad day.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I'm grateful my husband decided he had enough with the NYC traffic and decided it was time to pack it in and retire.

Who knows what time he would have walked in the door last night if he were still working.

I don’t understand.8 people were mowed down by a terrorist & you’re grateful that your husband didn’t come home late? 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd When we moved to the USA from Canada we had to go through a lot of hoops....almost gave up at times.We also had to be checked out by an immigration doctor and then expected to get more vaccinations that we didn't have records for.IThis was 17 years ago and I think the rules have relaxed a lot since that time.We have always appreciated the right to be here and are thankful.

Honored Contributor

Please do not make the thread political or it will be gone in the blink of an eye

@phoenixbrd wrote:

He was here for 7 years as a result of a diversification program on a Visa....no vetting.  Sad day.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@Maudlynn wrote:

@dex wrote:

It's a very sad time for our children and grand children.I just don't understand the hatred.I wish these unhappy people would recognize that all of the lost lives and heartache will never bring understanding to their cause.

For this terrorist, we think we know the cause. For the Vegas terrorist, we still don't know the cause. I think these people are more than unhappy. There's definite brain malfunction.

With how thoroughly they're examining the Vegas shooter's brain, if there was any abnormality at all, they should find it.  As for this terrorist, we don't think we know the cause, we DO know the cause.  He left a note stating his loyalty to ISIS.

Respected Contributor

photo of smashed up school bus speaks volumes. we need to find ways to do more to protect our children.

Super Contributor

Due to the use of cars for terrorist activity, I heard one newscaster going on last night about the need to vet people renting cars now.

Seriously?  First of all, there's no need to rent when stealing a car/truck is not that difficult and secondly - I think there needs to be increased vetting all right, but not just of people trying to rent  cars.