Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

google search:

"A study published in found that at room temperature, COVID-19 was detectable on fabric for up to two days, compared to seven days for plastic and metal. However, when it was exposed to high heat, the virus became inactive within five minutes." Aug 27, 2020

That was in 2020 before we had variants @LTT1 .  We don't if that translates to Delta and Omicron.  There's no data to prove it.  Best to sanitize.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Thank you for encouraging me to go to HD.  I had success.  Two choices.  I stood there quite awhile trying to research them but finally settled on the 3M brand.  I feel ok with trying.  

Honored Contributor

The CDC came out in 2021 and said there is no significant risk of catching Covid from surfaces.  Doctors have been saying that for over 1 year.  

This is an airborne virus.  That is why it's such a big problem.  

My best friend's 33 year old son who is double vaxxed and boosted just got over Omicron. There are many, many vaxxed and boosted people getting Omicron.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@haddon9 

Graduated from West in 1969.  I learned to drive on that Ellisburg Circle!  I am sure I would not recognize it today.  Small world.  I wondered if your nick (Haddon) was a clue.

I have been in Northwest NJ now for 40 years.  Its nothing like Cherry Hill.  Mountainous, more rural,  and much colder winters.  Cherry Hill was a great place to grow up though.  I was the last graduating class at West that was 865 strong.  East had opened in 67 but they let us stay together.  My younger brother went to East.

@Catch71 Wow!  I entered West in the fall of 1968 and can remember when they let us start wearing pants to school.  It was an "experiement" at first and us girls were supposed to wear nice slacks or pant suits.  From day one everyone wore jeans!

I also remember that year the seniors (you) were on split sessions since the younger grades were already at the newer school.

Fun to go down memory lane...

BTW,  I also learned how to drive around Ellisburg Circle...maybe we had the same driving instructor? ...don't remember his name but I was terrified!

Respected Contributor

Oh yes, memory lane!  My class had a 50 year reunion but I did not attend.  They had a facebook page though with pictures, memories, etc. and it was fun to follow.

I remember driving around Ellisburg Circle with my Dad in a stick shift Volkswagon bug and he said if I could handle that, then I was ready to drive.  Yes, it was scary for sure!

Nice to chat with you!

P.S.  I also remember finally being able to wear "slacks" to school.  When I tell my grandchildren they cannot believe I had to wear skirts.  I still remember buying skirts at the Ladybug/Villager store at the Barclay Center!  And, of course tights and sweaters to match!  The good ole days.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I heard something about after using putting in a brown paper bag,did anyone else hear about this?

@goldensrbest , my network news channel reported this the other day. I think they said to put them in a brown paper bag for 5 days but I don't have these so didn't really pay much attention to it.
Valued Contributor
The brown paper bag is because it is supposed to be in a dark environment and keeps it away from other things to prevent contamination of germs ( laying it on a table, etc where other germs might be).

Again everyone will do what's best for them or what they like to do. This works for me.
Valued Contributor
Edited to add laying a mask on a table or surface exposes it to the airborne germs etc floating around. Keeping it in a brown paper bag reduces that. Again, just my 2 cents. And not claiming to be an expert or know it all...lol...NO ONE truly "knows it all".
Respected Contributor

Remember that nothing is "free", whatever the government is sending us is paid either through our taxes our health insurance and those rates will just go up even more going forward.