Respected Contributor

Re: My mistake is someone else's...

@CelticCrafterGOOD ONE!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten  "where is it written that poor people who buy 2nd hand/donated clothes, have to wear rags?"

17bryf0v13at1gif.gif

Girlby.gif

@Mz iMac  - You are too funny!  Love it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The sad truth is that the majority of donated clothing ends up in a landfill.....even new items with the tags still on them.

Most of it is unsold and disposed of or sold by the pound as rags.

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

...bonus!

A few weeks ago I bought a pair of cargo pants. I absolutely love them; the color is just what I want and they fir perfectly (I recently lost weight and right now it's kind of hard to find the right size).Someone is going to look real nice in olive cargo pants!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read the first sentence, it's not about her losing weight.  The pants she bought a few weeks ago fit perfectly,  Also, the title of the thread is "My Mistake is someone else's" which indicates that she accidentally donated her brand new pants.  And, she has since added a statement indicating as much.

As far as wanting clothing that'll last, I'm one of those that wears clothing I like forever.  I have at least 20 year old clothing I still like and still wear.  Just Sunday I wore a Storybook Knits sweater.  Remember those?  I also have a pair of Victoria's Secret pants trousers that fit me like a glove and I love.  I certainly don't throw out pants that fit as much trouble as I have finding pants.  My tastes in clothing pretty much remains constant regardless of the trends. Besides, you can change up the way you wear a lot clothing to work with the trends.  

I do donate clothing to thrift stores and I buy clothing from thrift stores.  If clothing is going to landfills or elsewhere, that's not going to change whether I dontate something or not.  I have donated NWT garments for whatever reason and I recently bought a NWT sweater in a thrift store along with a like-new pencil skirt. 

I don't either.  I also have found that clothes don't seem to be made as well as years ago.  Different materials now, and shortcuts.  Jackets were lined, blouses were unique and stylish (to me anyway.)  Not much appeals to me now in fashion so I wear most of what I already own.  If I can keep my weight the same, I will be satisfied.

Super Contributor

Well I am not poor and I don't wear rags.  But I absolutely love thrifting.  You can find great clothes for a fraction of the price.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I only donate clothes that are in good, clean condition.   Any clothes that are not in good condition go in the garbage.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI..............were not in grade school. Looking for stars? Good deeds are best not mentioned.

But making fun of yourself is ok...hee  hee  hee

You must be related to two other posters on this forum that think they are better than and holier than thou.

I wish I could figure out if you had another name at one time.

I didn't but keep trying; it's good mental exercise :-(

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI..............were not in grade school. Looking for stars? Good deeds are best not mentioned.

But making fun of yourself is ok...hee  hee  hee

You must be related to two other posters on this forum that think they are better than and holier than thou.

I wish I could figure out if you had another name at one time.

I didn't but keep trying; it's good mental exercise :-(

@GoneButNotForgotten  I don't think that was meant for you.

Respected Contributor

My daughter has a beautiful Kate Spade bag that she bought at Good Will. I am jealous! Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why people think other people donate raggedy clothing. I donate clothing I no longer wear or they don't fit. I don't think people that get items from a thrift shop deserve to get torn or stained clothing. That never crossed my mind. I try to treat others as I want to be treated.