Regular Contributor

My local store is out of watermelon!

I could not believe it.
Not a single watermelon was to be found at my local grocery store here in Sparrow Point MD.
Not seedless, mini, seeded, nothing.
I have never experienced this before.
Is there a watermelon problem I have not heard about?

Respected Contributor

Re: My local store is out of watermelon!

I went on Monday to get another watermelon and they had none. The last two I bought were really good and have been perfect for this heat. I wonder if the heat wave caused them to sell so many they ran out. I was so disappointed! 

Valued Contributor

Same here!  CT.  My husband went and was told at the supermarket that watermelon was out of stock.  He was able to get one at another store.  First time for us too.

Regular Contributor

I was disappointed too. Even in the winter I find watermelon. This is interesting that others can not find it either.
Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I had watermelon.

Respected Contributor

I've been enjoying watermelon.

Honored Contributor

Wish I could share with you. Went to our local Costco today. They had about 8 big cardboard boxes of watermelons. And we noticed we went last Wednesday and all their watermelons were $6.99. Today they were $7.99.

Respected Contributor

I'm in the northern burbs of Chicago and my stores are FULLY STOCKED.  They are even having sales on them.   We have plenty.  Wish I could send you one!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Interesting....our stores and local markets are full of watermelon here in upper SC.  We were talking about not remembering the last time we ate watermelon.  I think it was when I had my mule (he loved watermelon) and that was over 5 years ago.  I noticed small melons at the local market last week and I think we might get one of those.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I was just at the store and was tempted to buy some watermelon. There were a lot of options available. I do live in an area that has good produce year-round. (SoCA)