Valued Contributor

Re: Moroccan Tree Goats Eating Argan Fruit

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@GATORGIRL wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@momtochloe   The mini horses and cows are pretty cute too.  I've held a mini horse in my lap.

Oh good point thank you for this @Kachina624.  Truth be told, I would love to have a mini barnyard in my house along with the normal menagerie of furbabies . . . Heart

@momtochloe

Now that would be the G.O.A.T.

@GATORGIRL . . . no kidding (insert wink here) , . . . tee hee!

Seriously, there have been a lot of threads/posts because of Beekman being on Evine and I have visited other websites that offer the same products but my favorite thing through my searches is always those videos of those baby goats bouncing around like Tigger . . . LOVE IT!  Heart

Especially the ones in the flannel pajamas . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe

Yes. Simply irresistible!  

Honored Contributor

For those interested - Google CBS Sunday Morning Argon Oil Goats. They did a story a few months back and I was taken aback on the goat's role.

Funny how Josie speaks of cracking the nut by hand but not where the nut had to pass through the goat's digestive system first.

I still use the oil but that is a big part of the story that is not told lol.
Honored Contributor

I also use Beekman Goat Milk Soap - can't resist those baby goats.
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:
For those interested - Google CBS Sunday Morning Argon Oil Goats. They did a story a few months back and I was taken aback on the goat's role.

Funny how Josie speaks of cracking the nut by hand but not where the nut had to pass through the goat's digestive system first.

I still use the oil but that is a big part of the story that is not told lol.

Thank you so much for this @Yahooey as it really provides a clear picture of how this oil is produced and the impact on the community . . . but now apparently the goats are soon going to be laid off:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/why-are-there-goats-in-the-trees/

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Thank you for posting the link. It gives you the whole picture doesn't it. I love CBS Sunday Morning - I learn so much from them. All this time, I've bought Argan Oil and have been using it for years and someone wink wink left out the dirty little secret. I wonder if the Frenchwoman was hunched over picking up the nuts lol.

I have ecezma and so my skin is extremely sensitive. Argan oil and goat milk soap does not aggravate it. Yea, sometimes beauty is not skin deep, it is in the intestines and then some.

Honored Contributor

Great thread. Funny and informative! What more can one ask for?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Can't those trees be grown elsewhere without the goats?

Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Can't those trees be grown elsewhere without the goats?

no, it has been tried and failed. For some reason(s) these can only grow in N. Africa.

Respected Contributor

Maybe they are on Josies payroll, extracting the oil. They are special Moroccan Goats. LOL

Respected Contributor

Gives new meaning to laughing all the way to the bank for Qvc.  I think all the women who put that oil on their lips, eyelids, etc won't be laughing though.