Honored Contributor

Re: Moderator Question

[ Edited ]

@STP Carrie wrote:

We all have an individual span of control which allows us to self-censor and to filter/avoid that which we don't want to see, hear, read, etc.  There is no need to expand that span to control what others post and or read.

While true that most threads indicate subject matter in their name, it would be helpful if all thread names required some reference to subject matter, rather than have cutesy/sensational/intentionally vague names created for the sole purpose of making folks open the thread in order to determine the subject.

Ya can't control people (yet, but the censorious among us are doing their best), but I agree that the deliberately vague "gotcha" thread titles are old, tired & juvenile.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

The moderators are, in general, very good at their jobs, but they make mistakes which can send the wrong message.  I'm not a fan of them when they "bulldoze" through a thread when an argument occurs.  Last night, I posted a very measured, logical post in the "Alligator vs. Child" thread in the community chat.  It wasn't directed toward anyone, and a few people responded that they agreed with my perspective.  Because it happened to be in the middle of some disparate mudslinging, it was tossed.  Moderators could do better with making sure they don't devalue the opinions of contributors as they eliminate those who are making attacks or derailing conversations.  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

The moderators are, in general, very good at their jobs, but they make mistakes which can send the wrong message.  I'm not a fan of them when they "bulldoze" through a thread when an argument occurs.  Last night, I posted a very measured, logical post in the "Alligator vs. Child" thread in the community chat.  It wasn't directed toward anyone, and a few people responded that they agreed with my perspective.  Because it happened to be in the middle of some disparate mudslinging, it was tossed.  Moderators could do better with making sure they don't devalue the opinions of contributors as they eliminate those who are making attacks or derailing conversations.  

@RazorSharp, I have seen people who felt their post was wrongly removed in exactly this situation say they have contacted the moderators to ask them to look at the post again, explaining the situation, and the post has been restored. It wouldn't be in every case, and if your post contained any of the deleted material quoted it would have to go, but if it was stand-alone, the moderators do look & reconsider when asked.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp, I have seen people who felt their post was wrongly removed in exactly this situation say they have contacted the moderators to ask them to look at the post again, explaining the situation, and the post has been restored. It wouldn't be in every case, and if your post contained any of the deleted material quoted it would have to go, but if it was stand-alone, the moderators do look & reconsider when asked.

This is my concern.  Some people can contact the moderators and mention they got positive results, yet others contact the moderators via email or phone and get no response.  Consistency is important, and it's just wrong for QVC to completely ignore requests for clarification, especially when those requests provided logical documentation and were worded in a civilized manner.  If QVC doesn't have the manpower to monitor and maintain their website, the Powers That Be should rethink their plan for online services.

Trusted Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

This is my concern.  Some people can contact the moderators and mention they got positive results, yet others contact the moderators via email or phone and get no response.  Consistency is important, and it's just wrong for QVC to completely ignore requests for clarification, especially when those requests provided logical documentation and were worded in a civilized manner.  If QVC doesn't have the manpower to monitor and maintain their website, the Powers That Be should rethink their plan for online services.

I've seen posts removed with the phrase "challenging moderator" as part of the reasoning in the moderator's note.  Having seen that, I see no reason to challenge the system.  

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

There is a difference between asking the moderators to re-evaluate a post one believes might have been removed in error, and asking them point blank why a post in a heated thread was removed. It also depends upon the way the asking for an explanation is worded. We have all seen "honest sincere requests" that were not; the moderators see the reality as well.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's calling out another poster

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It feels like  you want us censored.

QVC boards censored...what? Never!!!

Gotta love it, it doesn't get much better than this. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

SMH.

Have a lovely, lovely evening now.