Respected Contributor

You should have been here this morning early if you wanted to see "repeat" threads, lol

But really, they are all just words.

And we are all just a little different from each other, in how we feel, think, and post.

We probably won't all ever agree on any one thing.

I am sorry subjects are upsetting to some, really, I am.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Seriously, by now we all know how to google for anything so these kind of disturbing threads are really not needed on forums here. I think some people get a satisfaction with posting about disturbing things in the news and that says a lot about the person posting and not necessarily the news the person is posting about it. JMO.

AMEN!!!

Honored Contributor

So what type of threads should be in the community forum? Anyone have ideas?

Respected Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

What's very frustrating (for me, anyway) is that people post numerous threads about the same thing. I think there are 3-4 threads just in CC about the alligator and the little boy. It's like certain posters simply have to be the first to post anything that's gruesome or tragic. When something updates, they run to the forums to post a new thread about it, instead of simply posting on the existing one.

Why is one thread not enough? Why can't everybody post on one thread about the subject?

@PamelaSue72, I think what happens is that posters don't check to see if the topic was already posted and they start a new conversation.  It happens frequently on a big news story.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Wayne-QVC

I appreciate you forwarding the request as many, many individuals on the board are wanting this change also.

Thank you Wayne for your prompt response.

You do a wonderful, diligent job and handle difficult situations smoothly.

Thank you!

Not sure at all about the "many many" part.

I think the majority of frequent posters are willing and able to just not click on a topic they don't want to read about; topics that are all over the internet and the nightly news regardless, and which people would see whether they were in these forums or not - but I don't imagine those who don't even want to see a TOPIC they find distressing also call or write to their local news station or newspaper and tell TPTB that they don't want those stories aired untill 11 pm or placed on the last page of the newspaper. They just want QVC to do what they know is completely unrealistic for media in our Big Kid World to do - or want to do.

If you don't want to read a thread that you know by the title will distress you, DON'T READ IT. Asking QVC to quarantine specific types of topics (and who decides what belongs where?) is assuming, and treating, ALL of its posters like delicate flowers, whether they are, or want to be, or not.

What I see are people posting such threads to get attention - any kind of attention, to be "first" with the latest cheezy gossip or "news", the gorier the better. As others have said, it tells you more about the poster than you care to know.  Not my thing, but it's simple to ignore. No one's going to have a complete breakdown because they saw a thread title on the QVC forums that said the same thing as the nightly news - even if they claim they will.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I don't think it will work.  Some posters can't get along with calm topics.  The threads would constantly be poofed.

Esteemed Contributor

I think CC is a proper place to discuss world or national events, even painful ones.  If anyone wants to avoid the details the thread does not have to be opened nor does disapproval of the topic need to be added to the discussion.

Posting here gives interested people the opportunity to have their say, get their feelings out, vent, get other perspectives, get answers, sometimes comfort from other posters and a general release of emotions.

Aside from the above, until disturbing, gruesome, gory, etc. can be absolutely defined it is not possible to accommodate everyone's sensibilities.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

Can we have a separate place under forums where gruesome. gorey, bloody, and disturbing topics can be posted.

OR

A new rule put in place that a spoiler tag has to be in the title?

Please consider this.

EXCELLENT idea! What would be even BETTER is to NOT have them at all.

Honored Contributor

Ask 100 people what constitutes "disturbing" and you will get 100 different answers.

You'll get people flagging the mods saying "Hey this 'disturbs' me, it 'offends' me, it makes me sad, someone got a boo-boo in it, an animal died and I WANT YOU TO MOVE IT/REMOVE IT NOW!"

Not because of the actual content of the thread, but for the *title alone* - because they can't avoid seeing the title. Mind-boggling.  Or maybe they ARE "forced" to read the entire contents of the thread simply because it's THERE and they just CANNOT ignore it?

SMH.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Are you talking about topics that are inappropriate by their simple title, or about events that may be upsetting to some?  If it is posted in an inappropriate way, that is one thing.  If it is simply the subject matter that is upsetting, sorry, but that's the world we live in.