Honored Contributor

So I am a dog lover, we had dogs when I was growing up. Anyway, I was over by my sister, I washed a dish using a sponge she had near the sink. A little bit later I see her wash the dog's dish with the same sponge! This completely turned me off, my father didn't really like the dog's we had, we never let them lick the dishes, it would have been disrespectful to my dad. Am I wrong to be grossed out by this?

Honored Contributor

Gag-a-rama !

1ea1661b376762e0c06e091806e0e7ee72366860-1.gif

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I am a dog lover, we had dogs when I was growing up. Anyway, I was over by my sister, I washed a dish using a sponge she had near the sink. A little bit later I see her wash the dog's dish with the same sponge! This completely turned me off, my father didn't really like the dog's we had, we never let them lick the dishes, it would have been disrespectful to my dad. Am I wrong to be grossed out by this?

NO.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL. As a dog owner and lover, this doesn't bother me so much.  I wouldn't do it (probably), but there are worse things.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  No you aren't wrong unless you used the dog-bowl-only sponge by mistake. 😄

Respected Contributor

No it's not just you 😬

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  No you aren't wrong unless you used the dog-bowl-only sponge by mistake. 😄

@Pearlee no, I did not use the wrong sponge, that was it!

Frequent Contributor

Everbody has a right to there own opion , In my opinion it doesnt bother me at all.Ive had dogs all my life !! Im 60 !! Women best friend !!Doggie lover here

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Absolutely NOT!  If I were you, I wouldn't be eating off any dishes in her house again.  I soak dog dishes in hot water and Dawn in the sink before I put them in the dishwasher.  They're clean before they're clean.  

Contributor

First I detest sponges.That being said ,I rinse the dog bowl wipe it with a papertowel then rinse again.There are things that people do that have different comfort levels. I would not eat at their home.If she did this with you there,perhaps she does worse things when you aren't there?

On a same but very different path,if thats possible, I had a relative that while watching her grandson pee on the floor ,took out a dry mop,mopped up the pee and hung it back up in the closet pee dripping and all. Never touched foods or surfaces there again.

Stay with your comfort levels.You are not over reacting.