Honored Contributor

My youngest sister lives in Raleigh with her family. He husband was just diagnosed this morning after becoming ill yesterday. He is only in his mid 50's but retired early due to a bad heart, he doesn't leave the house much due to the pandemic. So how did he get it? The entire family wears masks and consistently wash their hands throughout the day.

One theory my sister has is that last Sunday on Father's Day he got a new grill and he went to the store on Monday to get goodies for his new toy.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

My youngest sister lives in Raleigh with her family. He husband was just diagnosed this morning after becoming ill yesterday. He is only in his mid 50's but retired early due to a bad heart, he doesn't leave the house much due to the pandemic. So how did he get it? The entire family wears masks and consistently wash their hands throughout the day.

One theory my sister has is that last Sunday on Father's Day he got a new grill and he went to the store on Monday to get goodies for his new toy.

@JaneMarple  I ordered safety glasses through a site called discountsafetygear 

Many forget, myself included to protect the eyes.  I don't want to wear a forehead to chin mask but will wear the clear safety glasses with my face covering. 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple, I'm so sorry to hear this. That lapse of time is five days, which is the average time that people come down with the virus after exposure.

Please keep us updated. I hope that he has only a mild case.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple 

Best to your BIL, and to all.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I stopped in at a couple grocery stores today; most, but not all, were wearing masks. Masks are required where I live but stores are not enforcing it.

Some don't believe masks make a difference. Even if I felt as they do, even if they weren't required I'd wear one. I would want fellow shoppers to know that I cared for them and their well being. It's thoughtful and what considerate people do.

My opinion of those without masks is not a good one and I doubt I'm alone in that. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mandatory Masks in NC

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

Scary to hear! I also hope he will have only a mild case. Is he isolating now? It must be such a big todo to just accomplish proper isolating.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple, I was just wondering how he is doing. I am in the area  if they need something. I can't get out much because I am immune suppressed but I have family here and know folks that will be glad to run errands, food pick up etc. 

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple, I was just wondering how he is doing. I am in the area  if they need something. I can't get out much because I am immune suppressed but I have family here and know folks that will be glad to run errands, food pick up etc. 

How very sweet and thoughtful of you, so far so good. My sister and her husband live in a town house and he is sequestered on the 3rd floor. she has had her groceries and other necessities delivered to the house. She and the kids had their tests done yesterday but no results yet. My BILwas able to get his right away because his Pulmonoligist did the test.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple, I hope he remains stable and the rest of them are are ok.