Regular Contributor

Saw this online the other day - "You know what's really uncomfortable? Pants. But I still wear them in public. Not for me, but for others. Wear the mask."

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck enforcing

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

I'm so glad he finally did this and he kept us in Phase 2.  Our numbers are going in the wrong direction ever since we moved into Phase 2 a month ago.  I live right in the middle of 2 hot spots and can't tell you how many people don't wear a mask.  Things are getting so much worse and I just wish everyone would help fight this thing by wearing a mask.

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

We have mandatory masks here in California.  I honor the regulation for myself, my family and people I don't know.   Sort of makes me angry about people in other states making such a fuss, going to city hall meetings and demanding  that it not be mandatory. That it is their right.  Making people sick is not a right.   I want to get on with my life.  My granddaughter has a wedding most likely will be made to cancel or postpone...  people have no right to decide they won't wear masks, imo.  They have no right when  it concerns the health of others.  Who do they think they are.. jeopardizing the health and safety of others for their own pleasure and stubbornness.  Wear the darn mask, social distance,  wash your darn hands... and stay home if you don't like it.  Stay home if you feel masks are uncomfortable. .   Sometimes I think people do it to show where they aligned in political matters, or just to be contrary .  Well, when it comes to the heath of others it is no political matter.  One lady said, she doesn't wear a mask, it is her right.  Then she said she never gets sick and takes care because she doesn't have insurance.   Omg, so if she gets sick, goes to hospital , the state is going to pay for it.?

gotta rant today, thank you   

I heard a good one today

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WEARING A MASK, YOU SURE AS HECK WON'T LIKE WEARING A VENTALATOR! 

@shoekitty  I'm in VA and the first week of the mask policy if you went to my grocery store they posted someone outside and you couldn't get in without a mask. People were complaining and said they'd never shop at that store again and the worker at the door was a young (maybe 23 year old) who said "no problem if you don't like it go find one that will let you in".  I'm sure that management wouldn't have been happy hearing that but I know that I, and others patronized that store BECAUSE they were enforcing that - but mask rules were only enforced about a week.  

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

We have mandatory masks here in California.  I honor the regulation for myself, my family and people I don't know.   Sort of makes me angry about people in other states making such a fuss, going to city hall meetings and demanding  that it not be mandatory. That it is their right.  Making people sick is not a right.   I want to get on with my life.  My granddaughter has a wedding most likely will be made to cancel or postpone...  people have no right to decide they won't wear masks, imo.  They have no right when  it concerns the health of others.  Who do they think they are.. jeopardizing the health and safety of others for their own pleasure and stubbornness.  Wear the darn mask, social distance,  wash your darn hands... and stay home if you don't like it.  Stay home if you feel masks are uncomfortable. .   Sometimes I think people do it to show where they aligned in political matters, or just to be contrary .  Well, when it comes to the heath of others it is no political matter.  One lady said, she doesn't wear a mask, it is her right.  Then she said she never gets sick and takes care because she doesn't have insurance.   Omg, so if she gets sick, goes to hospital , the state is going to pay for it.?

gotta rant today, thank you   

I heard a good one today

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WEARING A MASK, YOU SURE AS HECK WON'T LIKE WEARING A VENTALATOR! 

@shoekitty, "IF YOU DON'T LIKE WEARING A MASK, YOU SURE AS HECK WON'T LIKE WEARING A VENTILATOR" is perpetuating a canard. If you don't wear a mask, it's not you so much as those around you who could wind up on ventilators, assuming you're a carrier. It would be more accurate to say, "IF THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU WON'T WEAR MASKS, THEY DON'T MIND IF YOU WIND UP ON A VENTILATOR."

I'd say they probably don't believe they could have the virus, so they couldn't be making others sick. This isn't real to them. Anger and name-calling just cements their opposition. It's a waste of energy.

Respected Contributor

To all those who argue about the benefits of wearing a mask, would you allow your surgeon and OR team not to wear masks or gloves during surgery if they found it uncomfortable for a 4 hour operation? How about a 6hr or 12 hr surgery? After all, they don't do anything and are really uncomfortable.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Good luck enforcing

We can't even control people in the streets from destroying things yet all the people not wearing masks are going to get fined. Who's going to give out those tickets? Because police have nothing else to do but follow non mask wearers around. I'm all for masks but trying to enforce everyone wearing one is pipe dream. Some people seem to forget we have prisons full of people who don't follow rules. 

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

To all those who argue about the benefits of wearing a mask, would you allow your surgeon and OR team not to wear masks or gloves during surgery if they found it uncomfortable for a 4 hour operation? How about a 6hr or 12 hr surgery? After all, they don't do anything and are really uncomfortable.

Masks and gloves during an operation are to prevent bacteria from entering the incision and causing an infection.  Open wounds are very sensitive to infection.  That is what they were designed for, and they do a good job with bacteria.  Virus is different.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Re: Mandatory Masks in NC

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

Masks and gloves during an operation are to prevent bacteria from entering the incision and causing an infection.  Open wounds are very sensitive to infection.  That is what they were designed for, and they do a good job with bacteria.  Virus is different.

ROFL!!!!! But they're soooooo uncomfortable. Learn some microbiology. OH BTW. not going to argue with you anymore since that's all you want to do.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I recently traveled through North Carolina and made one stop at the newly remodeled rest area along I-40 (first NC rest area after leaving Tennessee).  I was hesitant to stop, but wouldn't hesitate to stop there in the future.  Everyone was wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.  It was clean and the landscaping was so pretty.  If how things were going at that rest area are an indicator, NC shouldn't have any problems with these guidelines.