Regular Contributor

I started a previous post that was not deemed acceptable. So here I go again, can we have more items made in the USA sold on QVC? I apologize in advance if this does not meet the requirements of the forum. 

Super Contributor

I totally agree with more made in the USA items.  I also would like QVC to list the actual country of orgin and not just state imported.  If I see an item listed as imported I am not going to consider purchasing it.  Yes, I will pay more for made in the USA products.

Honored Contributor

I've said this for a long time. The horrendous labor conditions in China drag down the conditions for workers everywhere. They make it impossible for first world countries to compete.

Goods should be labeled with accurate manufacturing origin information. Wherever the majority of an item is made should be listed on the label.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

Thank you teachergal for your comment. I've made several previous posts and they were deleted. I will also pay more for products made in our great country. 

Regular Contributor

@Porcelain , exactly. I agree 100% with you. Well said. 

Honored Contributor

This is funny, because I remember commenting about my love for American made jeans.  I clearly remembered a poster saying that nobody cares about jeans coming from the U.S. or China.  Now suddenly with the virus, it's become important.  

Honored Contributor

@JerseyGirlNJ I'm guessing that the Mods will delete this one as you are bringing up a thread that has been deleted. Just a guess.

Respected Contributor

I suggest that anyone who calls in should ask on air  I'm sure if it was made in USA, many more would be interested and make the purchase.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

It's been discussed that QVC owns or has financial interest in several clothing mfg for their lines such as Denim & Co.

Valued Contributor

Two cons:

Made in the USA means higher costs.

Where will these people who work for the American companies work next, if all these companies leave their countries?

Not that I'm anti American manufacturing here, but playing devil's advocate so to speak. I recall watching a documentary years ago. A man went around checking out made at home products and comparing costs. The extra costs were quite substantial for most items he looked for.