Trusted Contributor

Re: MOSQUITOS, GNATS & OTHER BITING BUGS

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wear insect repellent or put on wearable insect repellent wristbands and clip-ons. With all the rain we've been having there's West Nile virus on the rise. Tick fever, too.

@SilleeMee  So, these wristbands and clip-ons you are referring to are effective?  I've never heard of using them. Where do you buy?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wear insect repellent or put on wearable insect repellent wristbands and clip-ons. With all the rain we've been having there's West Nile virus on the rise. Tick fever, too.

@SilleeMee  So, these wristbands and clip-ons you are referring to are effective?  I've never heard of using them. Where do you buy?

@LuvSoCal 

I use the Superband insect wristbands and also the Off! Clip-On with the refills.

ETA-

The wristbands can go around your ankles, too. I do wear them on my ankles and wrists when I'm in places where there's mosquitoes.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I have been bug-obsessed for the past week and posted a few different places about them. 

A nice guy made a suggestion, which I'm passing on:

"I put a bowl of soapy water in my kitchen… few drops of dish soda and fill it up so it makes bubbles. They are mesmerized by the reflection and dive in and drown. It’ll catch most of them, I find."

Please tell that nice guy it doesn't work. I've been after this gnat for weeks. He's in love with my computer screen. I read this and immediately tried it. Nothing. Then I thought maybe the fragrance scared him off. Tried a different soap, no luck. That gnat  was probably laughing, thinking nice try, sister, but been there, done that, hahaha.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

We've also got a couple gnats (or whatever they are) taunting us too .... and this means WAR .....  no matter what it takes, they are going to die!  Grrrr.  Woman Mad

Trusted Contributor

We are being eaten alive! Ordered some mosquito zappers today!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvSoCal , well, that explains it. I'm O Positive. DH is not!

And, another hot and humid day here...sigh

~H~
Trusted Contributor

301103992_524837709446611_1533626574531863560_n.jpg