Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Men are men, boy will be boys.... they NEVER GROW UP. 

This is an unacceptable attitude that allows boys and men to get away with things like this. It says we accept their behavior because their genetic makeup means they cannot help themselves. The fact that most men do not behave this ways says that's simply not true - they can control and some men choose not to. We must stop saying this and excusing their poor behaviors.

@ChynnaBlue  Men "not behaving" has been going on for thousands of years.... good luck in stopping this behavior.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

This is an unacceptable attitude that allows boys and men to get away with things like this. It says we accept their behavior because their genetic makeup means they cannot help themselves. The fact that most men do not behave this ways says that's simply not true - they can control and some men choose not to. We must stop saying this and excusing their poor behaviors.

@ChynnaBlue  Men "not behaving" has been going on for thousands of years.... good luck in stopping this behavior.  

So, why even bother trying?

Just because it has been going on for "thousands of years", makes it okay to accept boorish behavior from them?

Honored Contributor

Re: MARINE PHOTO SCANDAL

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

You are again basing it on a gender and a group of people and not individuals behaving badly. That is part of the problem that allows the people who behave badly to get away with it.Call out the individuals, not the gender group.

Surely your husband does not post pictures of naked women online without their consent, right? Bad behavior is not about gender, it's about individuals.

Respected Contributor

women blaming women..........nothing ever changes. Sad!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

women blaming women..........nothing ever changes. Sad!

between this thread and the womens day thread i have been shaking my head non-stop at some of the thoughts and excuses that i have read!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

We've certainly curtailed a lot of it.  Rape used to be a boys will be boys thing. Now, in many cases it's jail time or getting thrown out of college.

Drunk driving and killing a child used to be "Oh, he was drunk" and that was that.  Now a lot of that is also jail time.

And a lot of men have caught on, they don't get away with things they used to get away with. 

Honored Contributor

I think it is disgusting that any women would take photos of herself,or let some one do so,if this is what happened with their consent ,i think they are the problem.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I think it is disgusting that any women would take photos of herself,or let some one do so,if this is what happened with their consent ,i think they are the problem.

@goldensrbest

I see it as a problem that the male Marines threatened others that if they told what was going on they would see that their wives and daughters were raped.

If you read about that male group, they were centered around violence.

Honored Contributor

If the women knew or took the photos ,there is the problem, no photos no problem, but if they were taken without them knowing that is not right,and this ****** of men being men,is just that ******.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

If the women knew or took the photos ,there is the problem, no photos no problem, but if they were taken without them knowing that is not right,and this ****** of men being men,is just that ******.

There is a HUGE problem if these women did not consent to having their photos shared:/