Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone here have tattoos? I am debating getting 1 for sure (maybe 2). Should I?

I am 95% sure.. lol  but not 100%.

Ever since the tv show Revenge was on (which has since ended) I wanted to get a double infinity tattoo. Because the lead actress and her dad on the show, had a bond like my dad and I  (without the drama and my dad wasn't missing for years of course like hers!))  and that was their symbol on the show.

When my dad died I thought of it more, and not just for that but the double infinity of love for my "entire" family.

So anyway I was telling my one granddaughter this (who is 19) and she said everyone is getting infinity signs, its so cliche' (lol)

SO she suggested her and I go together and each get a tattoo that says "In My Life I Love You More" (Cue the Beatles song and her and I have a special bond as grandmother and grandaughter of course, but we have a special bond over music too, specifically our love for The Beatles!).

So I'm actually thinking of getting a tattoo (maybe both I mentioned) but for sure if I do getting the latter one with her. I think it would be cool and fun!

We also want them in places that don't show such as the upper side of our back or on the rib (but I'm not keen on the rib b.c too much of me will be showing for that artist to do there lol). You see, I don't want it to show when I dress up. She doesn't want it to show due to "when she works in her future profession" after college because employer's may judge.

PS) I asked my son if they hurt. He said it feels like when you get your blood taken? Well anyway if I can deal with shots in my spine for pain I guess I can deal with a tat needle! lol.

PSS) DH is not a fan of tattoos but he doesn't say don't get one (of course!).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

If you want one, nobody here can talk you out it.  As usual there are pros and cons to consider when getting a tattoo.

Super Contributor
I say once you're 100% positive, then go for it! I'm sure you won't be sorry. 😊

I have two pretty small ones that can be seen when I want them to be and hidden when I don't want them to be seen. I got them on separate occasions but I thought about it first for at least two years before I got each one -- and I'm not sorry at all. I have a third one in mind and will probably get it within a year.
Trusted Contributor

I don't have a tattoo but I'd get one if I trusted the artist and it was a design I wouldn't tire of. Go for it!

Super Contributor

Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U  If I was going to have it done I would make sure of the following. That the tattoo operator has a current business license.  That he does not reuse his needles.That his parlor is very clean  That he or she does not have the sniffles or a cough during your scheduled appt, that the ink is not carcinogenic.  All reasons why I never had one done but hey that's just me.  The infinity symbol sounds very cute if that's what you'd like to get.  I remember it from that show you mentioned 

Respected Contributor

Think you are a Benley car or some high end car that you own.

would you put a bumper sticker on the car? Do you really need someone to wriite on you? Do you have a short memory that you need to write on your body because you cant remember? Just think, really putting something on your body to remind you because you can't forget or whatever, it's a lifetime. Guys hate when girls do this, really do you need this?

Respected Contributor

If you really want this before getting the tattoo just get a sharpie & draw on yourself a few days in & get the feel. Then you will know.

Honored Contributor

Re: Should I or shouldnt I?

[ Edited ]

I really don't see the big deal or dilemma other than I wouldn't get something super trendy.  You never want to put a b/f or g/f image or name on you either.

You want to do it, it'll be something small and hidden, so what's stopping you?  Go do it and be happy about it.  I have one on my ankle, took about 15 minutes to complete, and I'll tell you, it did hurt.  Areas that are less cushioned will hurt more.  I'm thinking about getting something floral my foot.  The drawback for me isn't that it'll be seen or what people will think, but the pain involved and how long I have to put up with it.

Super Contributor

I don't think you are totally convinced yet. I don't have any myself-- I am terrified of needles. But the idea of drawing something with a Sharpie is good. There are temporary tattoos you can get as well. It would like a test drive. Good luck !

Super Contributor

If I had the nerve to get some, I would get small ones on my ankle bones.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥