Trusted Contributor

There are other alternatives on the market.  I just did a quick search for all natural candy coated chocolate and found some.  Sunspire is one brand.   

Honored Contributor

'...write a letter...'

Dude....all the cool kids are doing Twitter.

Just tweet them for a direct response. 

Respected Contributor

Is today April's Fools Day or something?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Have no fear, Andrew Lessman said he is making M&Ms with choconuvo, cholestacare and fibermucil.

You know the colors will be all natural and organic, non-GMO

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Red is natural in many cases. Red has been used for food coloring for many years.  The color comes from beetles.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

So happy to learn of this news Mesmerelda. But why was my letter ignored by the corporation ? They didn't have the decency to reply? Also why does it take 5 years to do this?  Perhaps my letter did convince the CEO to make a change ?

somehow I have a feeling your one letter didn't even end up anywhere near the CEO's desk. And do you know how many letters, etc they probably get? The fact of the matter is, they are doing what you had asked them to do so isn't that enough? Or you still want/demand/expect a personalized letter indicating the same thing already posted here? The whole point of writing a company asking them to remove an ingredient or whatever is to get results right?? Or was yours just to get a personal acknowledgement?

Honored Contributor

People are not eating M& M's for health reasons, but for enjoyment. There are many other choices out there for a healthier sweet snack.

Valued Contributor

You may receive a reply sooner if you reach out via  email, or Facebook, Twitter or other Social Media. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I e-mailed the company who manufactures ICE drinks and asked them to not use red dye or at least cut down on their use of it.  I doesn't agree with me at all.

They wrote back the next day and said it is FDA approved and considered safe and they will continue to use it.

i guess we either buy food with dye or don't.  Our choice,

Is the color safe?

All of the food colors we use are approved and deemed safe for food use by the US FDA. Unfortunately, natural colors do not offer the same properties related to taste and color stability. So we continue to study new information regarding food ingredients as it becomes available, as well as listen to our consumers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I am disgusted with Mars, the parent company who makes M&M candies. I wrote a letter and it was ignored. My complaint stems from the unnecessary use of dyes. In my opinion natural juices should be used to color the candies, for example Blueberry, Kale, Carrot, Beet etc. there is no need to ingest these potentially dangerous dyes. I am not buying these candies again.

They will probably use your idea and not give you any credit for it. I don't buy M&Ms ,but I would if they made the candy coating with vegetable dyes.