Respected Contributor

I love M&M's and hope they don't mess with them too much. There are "healthier" options out there for candy, such as the Brookstone line. People should indulge from time to time if they can!

Trusted Contributor

What's next -- JellO?????????????????????

First world problems....SMDH

Respected Contributor

The shelf life of a vegetable based food dye in a product is significantly less. So they would then have to add another chemical to maintain it. Since it is food. Or do you want to pay more for it's freshness. Not to mention the off taste that would naturally happen since plant based dyes are not always ordorless and what we perceive as the natural taste in candy of say a blueberry or strawberry is not what you will get.

I work with natural dyes in some of my paintings so I know the difference when I am using them to mix my paints.  Natural while at one point is healthy it can rapidily decline and you then need a perservative to maintain its freshness and flavor.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann lol - I bought them bc it had peanuts. I don't care for the plain M&Ms. Not that I would turn my nose if you offered them to me, just to be polite and all.

Unknown.jpeg

Valued Contributor

I love the dark chocolate ones too ~ I was alarmed when I saw a sign at the grocery store that said "close out" item ~ I hope they're not discontinuing them. 

I've been attempting to talk myself out of stalking some more of those caramels ~ they're new and hard to find (and NEVER on sale). 

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@noodleann lol - I bought them bc it had peanuts. I don't care for the plain M&Ms. Not that I would turn my nose if you offered them to me, just to be polite and all.

Unknown.jpeg

We've be a great team--I'd give you all the icky peanut and eat all the plain. I'm now thinking about the ones with almonds, which I like. And the caramel ones. I shouldn't be thinking about these things at all. I wish they weren't so appealing.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann

That's why M&Ms are truly evil and not as innocent as thy look. You know the cute commericals and cartoons.When I look at M&Ms, I'm thinking, they are small and so I'll only have a few wheeas a candy bar seems like a real commitment with higher calories. But than a family size M&M bag disappears in a few sittings and I wouldn't eat 1 candy bar and then another. But then, I would if it was a fun size. Sigh there are no answers.

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@noodleann

That's why M&Ms are truly evil and not as innocent as thy look. You know the cute commericals and cartoons.When I look at M&Ms, I'm thinking, they are small and so I'll only have a few wheeas a candy bar seems like a real commitment with higher calories. But than a family size M&M bag disappears in a few sittings and I wouldn't eat 1 candy bar and then another. But then, I would if it was a fun size. Sigh there are no answers.

I hear you. I'm sure the answer is to count them out in 100-calorie lots and put them in those little snack bags and eat just one bag per day, mindfully, savoring every little disc.

Bwaaahhhh!!! In a million years! Woman Frustrated