Esteemed Contributor

I watched Courtney K. showing Diamonique with her very long pointy, but always well groomed nails. 

She attempted to show the back of a pendant. The camera was doing a close up, as she tried about four times, with no success to turn the pendant over. As a result nobody could see the beautiful back she told us about. 

Artwork on the long pointy nails are popular on the Q. All kind of strange colors with all kinds of art work. Courtney even had a small bow on her nails. 

Oh well, I can remember wearing bows on my socks and bells on my saddles. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've kept my nails short my entire life; no polish ever and no interest in having them done at a salon.  

Trusted Contributor

Long fingernails are disgusting!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

If you are in some professions such as healthcare or food handling, and you must wear gloves sometimes, short nails are a must. Long nails, natural or fake, are unsanitary by anyone's standards. I just find them cumbersome and when they don't look clean, they aren't. Since our last round of grandbabies, I have had to keep mine short so I don't hurt the babies when holding or changing them. I keep mine rather short and have to trim them often since I began taking biotin. The pointy look that seems to be popular right now just looks gross. A clerk at the grocery store could not pick up some coins I put on the counter, her so I had to put them into the palm of her hand. Ridiculous.. 

Esteemed Contributor
I have a permanent French gel set & I love them. They are squared and not pointed; I scrub my nails underneath just as I did when I had natural nails. Hygiene is hygiene no matter what the length. And, I can do all tasks & you learn to use your finger tips & the nails do not interfere with anything. I’ve had my nails done every two weeks for a long time.

Courtney & Leah have the best nails, different but quite pretty & well maintained.
Respected Contributor

I never liked really long nails.  I do NOT think they are attractive at all.  I do like nail polishes but not white, really dark or colors such as yellow and green.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I have a permanent French gel set & I love them. They are squared and not pointed; I scrub my nails underneath just as I did when I had natural nails. Hygiene is hygiene no matter what the length. And, I can do all tasks & you learn to use your finger tips & the nails do not interfere with anything. I’ve had my nails done every two weeks for a long time.

Courtney & Leah have the best nails, different but quite pretty & well maintained.

@Stray  very true you do learn how to do tasks with longer nails . Mine never interfere with doing anything !   Courtney and Mary D have beautiful hands with or without nails imo oh Leah too !

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I always wonder how they take care of themselves. There was a clerk when I used to shop at Walmart ages ago who had very long nails to the point that she couldn't pick up money and I never wanted her to even touch anything I was taking home with me. Even with constant hand washing, which I'm hoping anyone in the public would do, there's no way they're cleaning under their nails. Yuck!

The other day I had a woman checking me out at the grocery store. It got to the point, I really don't know how she was able to do her job.

The woman checking out in front of me handed her coupons. The check out woman had a hard time trying to put in the numbers into her register. Then she had a tough time trying to pick up the coupons. She just about lost it giving the woman change out of the register. 

It took forever and I was thinking why the cashier thought that was the job for her. She was unable to use her finger tips. And the compartment to get coins for change are small. I wondered if her nails stayed on until the end of her shift.

I've worked a register before and never had a problem handling change or picking up coins etc.   perhaps this cashier was very new to nails and depending maybe if not natural nails cause some fake nails are thicker .