Esteemed Contributor

He's a wild animal, trying to exist in the wild upon which Man has encroached. Rich people pay their money and takes their chances trying to seek their thrills. Surely this OP can't be serious. I mean, why should anybody be outraged that a lion does what it does naturally? Get out of his habitat if you don't feel safe.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lion Kills Safari Guide

[ Edited ]

The animals close to Cecil are probably sensing that something 'isn't right'; that something went horribly wrong in their habitat.  Therefore, some of them might be a bit agitated and in  self-defense mode.  It hurts my heart because some of them had to 'suffer' along with Cecil for forty hours, listening and/or sensing, possibly knowing that one of their buddies was in major trouble.  Again, my heart is hurting, just thinking about it.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I've posted with Kachina before and immediately picked up on the irony/sarcasm or whatever you want to call it.  I'm sorry everyone else took it so literally.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lion Kills Safari Guide

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Where's the outrage?  Where's the ranting and raving?  A lion kills a guide in the same Zimbabwah park where Cecil lived and not a word about it.  Does no one care about preserving us as a species?  About exacting revenge for this atrocity.  Should he be euthanized?  Hardly seems fair to ignore it.

I see lions as doing what is natural for them since they are born as predators.
I see humans as individuals that have brains and are not born with a predatory instinct or genetics built into them "to kill to survive".
Not knowing the whole story, I have no idea the details of what/why and so forth of this death.
Where is the outrage? Beats me, but if humans wander into areas known to be put aside for wild animals? Do so at your own risk.
My opinion knowing few of the facts, but if you care to enlighten me to more of them, I would be grateful.
hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Zita wrote:

Revenge, maybe? For the killing of Cecil.

Are you serious?

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

The animals close to Cecil are probably sensing that something 'isn't right'; that something went horribly wrong in their habitat.  Therefore, some of them might be a bit agitated and in  self-defense mode.  It hurts my heart because some of them had to 'suffer' along with Cecil for forty hours, listening and/or sensing, possibly knowing that one of their buddies was in major trouble.  Again, my heart is hurting, just thinking about it.

They have incredible instincts and there is a natural order in the jungle and they are not stupid; they probably  do not trust humans any longer.  I won't say go as far as to say it was revenge.  The lion was protecting his turf and Cubs.  They say elephants have fear of one animal only, man.  I always found the insight of elephants phenomenal.  

Respected Contributor

you go into wild animal territory you should know the chances you are taking.  it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Valued Contributor

Personally, the day I see a pride of wild lions walking down my street, flashing their colors and wearing leather jackets as they brandish Jarrett hunting rifles, is the day I'll start to worry about the changing nature of wildlife.

Until then, I accept the fact that when I enter their turf, its their rules. If they eat me, they eat me.

After all, the same rules apply in reverse whenever I enter a supermarket. It would be a foolish moose to wander over to the meat counter in, oh, say, Wasilla, Alaska (talk about your wild animals)!!!!

Respected Contributor

Hello, Kachina624. Smiley Happy

I am very sorry for what happened to the safari guide. I know his family must be crushed. It's a hard and dangerous job. I don't know how they do it.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

you go into wild animal territory you should know the chances you are taking.  it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Yes, there are risks and they are explained in detail and you sign a release.  For me it was worth it.