Honored Contributor

Dryer sheets are not good for the machines, and they coat and make items like towels less absorbent. Same and other problems with fabric softener. There is a reason why so many so many product labels indicate that they not be used.

We stopped using anything but detergent eons ago and have no problems with static.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Nasty stuff full of chemicals that aren’t very good for you.
Honored Contributor

I used to always but now with having allergies I had to stop. I use the little

dryer balls I got at Walmart and they

work well. I miss the scent though of 

fabric softener!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I don't even dry all of our clothes.  I hang them up right from the washing machine.  Towels, sheets, blankets, socks and underwear get dried. 

Honored Contributor

No

can't stand that smell

but I keep a box of bounce and sometime will use a half a sheet in the winter or to get rid of lint 

Contributor

Just bling

I was asking about the washer,  I should have been specific, but learning alot from all the replies.

Thanks everyone.

Respected Contributor

I do but use unscented and have cut down on it too.  Trying to get away from fabric softeners but need to get some of those dryer balls.  I also am starting to use vinegar in the rinse cycle.

Esteemed Contributor

No 

Honored Contributor

No. The soft items I own are already soft enough.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I use liquid softener on everything but the towels and I use dryer sheets for those.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown