Respected Contributor

I haven't used it in years.  The laundry comes out just fine without it.  

Honored Contributor

Yes. I use the unscented Downey.    I use it sparingly, however.  It seems like most products recommend using more product than you actually need so, as well as with other products, I use how much I decide I need.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Not at all. I never have static cling or scratchy laundry.

Respected Contributor

I use a liquid on my sheets. And a dryer sheet on my nightgowns. 

Honored Contributor

I've had a bottle of 7th Generation for years now and never used it.  I should probably get rid of it.

I can't stand when I can smell some softeners on people's clothes.  Smells like those Dollar Store car air fresheners.  Gag.

Honored Contributor

I do because otherwise I get static cling.  I use various things depending on the load I'm doing and I use the smallest amount I can to prevent static cling.  I hate the smell of both detergent and fabric softener clinging to my clothing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Q:  Do you use fabric softener?

A:  No, never. 

It's bad for fabrics, and I hate the sweety-perfumey stink.

Honored Contributor

No, never.  Back in the 70s - first time I used some - it ruined some fabrics - so I've sworn off it ever since.

What I do use is Arm & Hammer Washing Soda along with my Arm & Hammer sensitive skin liquid laundry detergent.  Just a scoop of the powder along with the liquid.

Honored Contributor

Re: Laundry Question?

[ Edited ]

A few or so years ago, we were walking by some sort of gathering/venue where a few people were standing/talking/'milling around' outside.

We were across the street, and we could actually smell the dryer sheets/softener odor drifting our way.......

Also, using softeners on nice, plush, new  blankets just matts down the fibers and they end up looking matted/clumped. 

I've given up on gifting nice blankets during the holidays. 

Some people just don't pay attention or want to follow directions re: not using softeners on plush blankets.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

NEVER