Trusted Contributor

No, I don't like the smell at all and truthfully I don't like smelling it on others either. I guess I just don't like the fragrance. 

Contributor

Thanks everyone

Valued Contributor

No. I don't like what it does to fabric.  I do use dryer balls sometime.  I also read somewhere that if you crumple up aluminum foil into a ball and toss it in the dryer it will help soften clothes but I've never tried it.

Trusted Contributor

I use the wool balls for the dryer. DH has super sensitive skin so can't use anything with perfumes in it. I use All Free and Clear. No fabric softener of any kind. Before he was told no perfumes, I just used dryer sheets from costco. Very little scent to the, anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I use dryer balls.

@SilleeMee @catter70 @brandiwine @Nomore 

How do you use vinegar?  I use commercial front loader washers in my building.  Can this be put in a dispenser?  What kind?  How much?

Do the clothes smell like vinegar?

I did read that @redbird puts a whole cup of vinegar in the softener dispenser.  Is this typical?

Honored Contributor

One good thing is that there are unscented laundry products.  I have asthma, so some laundry products (like Tide.  yuk) make me physically ill.  Also, I have a bird and a dog.  They would irritate the dog and could kill the bird.

When you use unscented laundry detergent and fabric softener your clothes come out smelling like - NOTHING.   It's perfect for my household and I like that very much.  Plus, I don't get sick, the dog doesn't get sick, and the bird gets to live.

I've seen so many people, back when I belonged to a couple of bird boards, who would use stuff like those dreadful dryer sheets or that odious Febreze and guess what?  They killed their birds.  Smiley Sad

I know scents are fine for some, so I'm not judging that.   We all like different stuff.   But it's very nice that you can get all these products w/o any scent at all.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Rarely. The softener sheets I have are two years old because I seldom toss them in the dryer.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe , I just put in a cup or so per load and no, it doesn't smell like vinegar.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @catter70 what vinegar?  OK for all colors and materials?  I wear a lot of black and colorful knits.  These I hang or lay flat to dry, but I wash everything together, sorted by darks and lights.  I am not good with laundry...  ☹️☹️☹️

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I use dryer balls.

@SilleeMee @catter70 @brandiwine @Nomore 

How do you use vinegar?  I use commercial front loader washers in my building.  Can this be put in a dispenser?  What kind?  How much?

Do the clothes smell like vinegar?

I did read that @redbird puts a whole cup of vinegar in the softener dispenser.  Is this typical?

@NYCLatinaMe 

I use regular white vinegar and put a cup in the dispenser (final rinse). I use more for larger loads, sometimes up to 1-1/2 to 2 cups for that. It doesn't make your laundry smell like vinegar and if there's a slight hint of it then it will dissipate soon.