Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laundry Question?

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 @mspatmac    Dryer balls fluff up your clothes

Trusted Contributor

No

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

I use liquid fabric softener on very few things. I use 1/4-1/2 dryer sheet if the clothes will be full of static without it. Otherwise, I use dryer balls.

Honored Contributor

No, I used to love the smell of Downey, but I am allergic to most scents and laundry additives, so now I use dryer balls.  I could use fragrance free softener but am afraid I could still have a reaction. I don't think the dryer balls are as good, but they are better than nothing!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Yes, always. I don't like the way my clothes feel without it.

Respected Contributor

I only use dryer sheets.if I had a washer that automatically dispensed fabric softner,softener, then would use it

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

No, don't like the fragrance, don't want my towels to be water resistant, and don't want the coating on the dryer filter which can start a fire.

Years ago, that's what my mom used to tell me too, that towels don't absorb water as well when fabric softener is used.  I know it to be true, but I use softener anyway...I can't stand scratchy towels!

Man plans. God laughs.
Trusted Contributor

no never tried fabric softner, but i love my febreeze beads. They're expensive, i just bought a cheaper version cant wait to use them. Love my clothes to smell nice!

Super Contributor

I used to use fabric softener on everything until I figured out it was leaving  stains on some of my clothes, mainly rayon/span. No more, but occassionally I will use Downy unscented on towels to get rid of scratchiness. The vinegar sounds like a good idea,  I will have to try it next wash. 

BTW I did get the stains out using Oxyclean.

Trusted Contributor

Nope.