Contributor

I just ordered from their site.  30% off!  

Honored Contributor

Give all dogs a break.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

Lume commercials are disgusting and done in bad taste. Is there no longer any decorum left in advertising?  I guess not.  A person posted about commercials getting you to talk about the product.  Talk is cheap, getting the consumer to purchase the product is key.  This consumer will never buy it.

@Rockycoast   Please, you and anyone else who finds these commercials objectionable, join me in protesting to the company.

You're protesting the company?  Oh, brother.  

Trusted Contributor

I think their commercials are hysterical! In good taste, maybe not, but they are really funny. I don't know if the product works, but the commercials are entertaining.

Honored Contributor

Re: Latest Lume Commercial

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @There might be a more delicate way of expressing where the products helps with odor, but they are serving a need for some people. The poster with Hydradentinitis Supportiva, for one. That's a condition that is very difficult to help with. There's a real need here for many that have issues that are troublesome to tackle and might cause them embarrassment. Whatever has been on TV lately, I have not seen, but the YouTube videos get right to the point and quickly let you know what odors the products work for. Maybe they should adapt these ads for TV. I do think they need to keep the "butt crack odor" in, but try to find a way the clearly say it in a delicate way that conveys exactly where it works and for how many hours the testing has shown it to work. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    Perhaps the product should be marketed through medical professionals instead of on TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

Lume commercials are disgusting and done in bad taste. Is there no longer any decorum left in advertising?  I guess not.  A person posted about commercials getting you to talk about the product.  Talk is cheap, getting the consumer to purchase the product is key.  This consumer will never buy it.

@Rockycoast   Please, you and anyone else who finds these commercials objectionable, join me in protesting to the company.

You're protesting the company?  Oh, brother.  

@Bri369    Do you have an issue with a person voicing objections to a company?  You must be spineless if you have such a problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Latest Lume Commercial

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @I think they need a wider audience than just through medical professionals. I think they should also market to medical professionals that might have patients with a need. I remember watching an episode on a dermatology TV show where 

a patient was crying uncontrollably about the embarrassment she suffered living with HP. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Merciful heavens. 

Well, I do intend on testing out the deodorant, although I am having success lately with Mitchum for women. 

I truly do not see a problem with the commercials. But then I don't pay that close of attention to most commercials.

To each his own though. 

Honored Contributor

I honestly think they are going for the rank humor of it.  The problem can be identified without being gross, if you ask me.

There are people with terrible problems.

Does this work?  Is it safe?

Think about the baby powder issue.  I worked in a building where baby powder was on the floor of the bathroom stalls in the ladies room.

Not a good solution.  Proven.

Rmember Summer's Eve et al.  Another bad idea.

I think people should go see a doctor (men and women) and find out an effective way. 

And I'm betting the doctor won't be gross the way these commercials are.

I haven't seen the butt sniffing one and I hope I never do.  I see nothing funny in that.  Nothing.  It's just ignorant.