Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

Lume commercials are disgusting and done in bad taste. Is there no longer any decorum left in advertising?  I guess not.  A person posted about commercials getting you to talk about the product.  Talk is cheap, getting the consumer to purchase the product is key.  This consumer will never buy it.

@Rockycoast   Please, you and anyone else who finds these commercials objectionable, join me in protesting to the company.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The commercials may be a little too explicit for some, but it's important for people to know where and how this product can be used.  If they simply said it was for odor control, you might feel comfortable putting it on your underarms or feet, but would be leary of slathering it on your private areas.  

The creator/founder of this product does an excellent job of letting you know all the ways you can use this product.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

Lume commercials are disgusting and done in bad taste. Is there no longer any decorum left in advertising?  I guess not.  A person posted about commercials getting you to talk about the product.  Talk is cheap, getting the consumer to purchase the product is key.  This consumer will never buy it.

@Rockycoast   Please, you and anyone else who finds these commercials objectionable, join me in protesting to the company.

@Kachina624   Why do you feel the need to protest to the company?  Are your sensibilities so delicate that you find it that objectionable?  That's ridiculous.  You are a grown woman.  Ignore it if you must, but protest?  Come on.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

Good grief...seriously?

Save the protests for something that really has an impact on lives.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

@Kachina624   Why do you feel the need to protest to the company?  Are your sensibilities so delicate that you find it that objectionable?  That's ridiculous.  You are a grown woman.  Ignore it if you must, but protest?  Come on.  

@Citrine1    You hit the nail on the head.  Over the years, I've found several things on TV objectionable.  I, and apparently thousands of others, wrote and voiced objections.  In every case the ads stopped very soon afterwards. 

We put up with too much krap in our society.  This sort of thing is the bottom of the barrel.  Imagine watching TV with your teen son and his friend or your daughter is with a date when this garbage comes on.  We shouldn't put up with embarrassing intrusions in our own homes.

Regular Contributor

I'm probably in the minority...I'm in the medical profession, so these commercials do not bother me in the least. I think they are very well done.

I wish my patients would use this...many of them really need it!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

@Citrine1    You hit the nail on the head.  Over the years, I've found several things on TV objectionable.  I, and apparently thousands of others, wrote and voiced objections.  In every case the ads stopped very soon afterwards. 

We put up with too much krap in our society.  This sort of thing is the bottom of the barrel.  Imagine watching TV with your teen son and his friend or your daughter is with a date when this garbage comes on.  We shouldn't put up with embarrassing intrusions in our own homes.

@Kachina624     Can't you change the channel if it is so offensive?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I understand what you're saying.  I've felt uncomfortable with some commercials (usually tampons or pads) when my daughter was young and had friends over -- or a boyfriend.  But I just feel differently about this commercial and product.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

I actually have a teenager in my house and I guarantee he wouldn't bat an eye about these commercials.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Kachina624   I understand what you're saying.  I've felt uncomfortable with some commercials (usually tampons or pads) when my daughter was young and had friends over -- or a boyfriend.  But I just feel differently about this commercial and product.  

@Citrine1   I also feel differently, as in more repulsed.  It's not the product, it's the insensitive way of presenting it.  I have a choice as to whether or not to buy it but can't do anything about the commercial intrusion until it's too late.

I would have been mortified if this ad played while I was watching TV with my dad.