Esteemed Contributor

Re: LISA ROBERTSON CHRISTMAS TREES

I am not a watcher of live QVC.  I don't know any of the newer hosts, just the older ones, many who have left a long time ago.  I am just asking.... if she really likes selling why did she leave the Q.  I am sure she was being paid well.  

Valued Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I am not a watcher of live QVC.  I don't know any of the newer hosts, just the older ones, many who have left a long time ago.  I am just asking.... if she really likes selling why did she leave the Q.  I am sure she was being paid well.  

bonnielu, Lisa left a lucrative job because she did not get the extra money she was asking for. She called Q's bluff and they declined her. It's obvious she had no plans on what to do after she left. She is now running a mini QVC out of her home. It doesn't matter how Lisa spins it to her tribe but the bottom line is I think she's even more busy now than she ever was at Q. Her, Katie and Nancy are her only business partners, they are swamped. Lisa will always make it look like what she's doing now is a better deal. She never wants to come off like she messed up.

Respected Contributor

Katie and  Nancy are her business partners?   Did Lisa say that?

Her QVC decorating was over the top because it wasn't her dime.  Now that she has a financial interest or has to answer to financial backers, she has to dial it back a bit.  

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Nancy and Katie are not her business partners- just employees. Lisa mentioned in one our chats that she had one business partner that is a 50% investor. She owns the other 50%.
Respected Contributor

I didnt think Katie and Nancy were her business partners.  

Esteemed Contributor

I always add lights to my trees.  I am never happy with what they provide BUT I am not going to pay that kind of money on a tree. Unless your rich it is stupid.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
Nancy and Katie are not her business partners- just employees. Lisa mentioned in one our chats that she had one business partner that is a 50% investor. She owns the other 50%.

@sunchild- I imagine that business partner is Dr Denese...just guessing....I am guessing maybe she asked a number of QVC vendors...this is purely speculative but Dr D seems very interested and has a warehouse  in NJ. 

Honored Contributor

@12andcounting

@Stray@BalletBabe@bri20@bri20

The trees and string of lights are very pretty, IMO.

Having a very narrow return window is unsettling.

Perhaps someone with lots of years ahead wanting a reliable, well-lit tree would be willing to pay that.

I like the cashmere poncho and the Morganite ring (sold out). Time will tell me if her things are good for the price.

She has new and more stuff up today.

I say kudos to anyone making a small business work.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@12andcounting

@Stray@BalletBabe@bri20@bri20

The trees and string of lights are very pretty, IMO.

Having a very narrow return window is unsettling.

Perhaps someone with lots of years ahead wanting a reliable, well-lit tree would be willing to pay that.

I like the cashmere poncho and the Morganite ring (sold out). Time will tell me if her things are good for the price.

She has new and more stuff up today.

I say kudos to anyone making a small business work.

@LTT1 that's the question likely to never be answered, as far as quality, reliability and longevity of the products (any of them) or whether there are ever shipping or return issues.

There is nowhere on the website to leave an actual review, good or bad, any less-than-it's-wonderful comments about anything are usually deleted from her FB page, and questions asked there pre-purchase often go unanswered. So you might see praise for items on her FB page but you won't see anything more. That in and of itself would make me uneasy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all