Honored Contributor

Re: LISA ROBERTSON CHRISTMAS TREES

@12andcounting@Moonchilde

I agree and on FB if I see any feedback I will be interested to know.

I'm going to post this here even if it might be off-topic.

726FCB61-16F4-4386-AE25-44C92FB37726-14124-00000C3B672B80B0_tmp.pngIf the cut of this poncho is as non-bulky as it appears, I might be interested in something like it. 

I'm sure staying away from fabrics that pill, tho.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I am skeptical about the poncho ...the price point is ok but LR tends to inflate pricing...so I wonder about the quality of the cashmere....I think it looks thin...I too would like reviews as I always check when I buy online.  

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

I am not a watcher of live QVC.  I don't know any of the newer hosts, just the older ones, many who have left a long time ago.  I am just asking.... if she really likes selling why did she leave the Q.  I am sure she was being paid well.  

bonnielu, Lisa left a lucrative job because she did not get the extra money she was asking for. She called Q's bluff and they declined her. It's obvious she had no plans on what to do after she left. She is now running a mini QVC out of her home. It doesn't matter how Lisa spins it to her tribe but the bottom line is I think she's even more busy now than she ever was at Q. Her, Katie and Nancy are her only business partners, they are swamped. Lisa will always make it look like what she's doing now is a better deal. She never wants to come off like she messed up.

Well, this is one interpretation... though pretty clearly not the only one... and, of course, none of us are privy to her reasons for leaving...

As for the trees, they're gorgeous, but I stopped putting up a 'show stopper' tree years ago, so am not remotely interested.

I'd guess it remains to be seen whether or not Lisa more fully decorates her trees or her house as she has in the past... In fairness, many of us, perhaps her included, are just starting the decorating process.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Lisa isn't at home long enough to decorate multiple 9' trees, but she could easily hire someone to do it. There are professional decorators who do this, and they're not hard to find.  Since she's doing amazingly well rakin' in the big bucks, selling out constantly and flying worldwide almost every week, surely she has the money to hire someone.

No one should decorate Lisa's trees but Lisa? She isn't professional interior decorator talented, IMO. She could benefit from a professional's POV. If nothing else it would give her fresh ideas to build on.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

I am skeptical about the poncho ...the price point is ok but LR tends to inflate pricing...so I wonder about the quality of the cashmere....I think it looks thin...I too would like reviews as I always check when I buy online.  

I feel like the quality of the cashmere must be lacking, too.  I noticed she didn't mention anything about the ply in the description.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Don't follow on FB but she did post a photo on IG of the warehouse which showed lots of huge boxes. Another photo she posted was of her father helping to convert her basement to an office. I only looked st her website a couple times, thought the Nativity she had was beautiful but had to think about $69. When I went back to check again it had sold out. It is not an easy job to run a small business or any other business for that matter.
Respected Contributor

This is my kind of Christmas tree.

Image result for pictures of German christmas trees decorated with candles

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Stray wrote:

I feel like the quality of the cashmere must be lacking, too.  I noticed she didn't mention anything about the ply in the description.

@NickNack- when she was standing in the light, on the porch, I think she selected grey which would not show opacity as much but in other pictures, you can see through them somewhat but the lighting could be manipulated indoors.  If she is charging such a low price, the quality couldn't be there.  She has to have a profit margin; they are not on sale and as you stated, product information is quite limited.  I love cashmere but I like quality and not just a label stating "genuine cashmere".  I expect cashmere to be just that and don't need genuine before "cashmere".  It's implicit that it is....

Valued Contributor

@iTalia

I agree with you, but also think she was upset because PMS, Monday nights was changing.  She would no longer be the 

host,  QVC was bringing in Amy, LOGO, and Shawn.    Her 

time had come.  Salary demands, and ego, just my opinion.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stevieb's statement "and, of course, none of us are privy to her reasons for leaving..." says it all.   Like anyone else, she was an employee of a company and this is, and should be, between her and QVC.  It's not anyone else's business.  Moreover, unless you have the official documents in your hand, it's inappropriate gossip being passed off as fact.