Honored Contributor

Re: Just received an email from Facebook

Yes, i get those  about joining groups, i do not like it ,changed settings ,still get them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I initially joined so that I would be able to find those that I'd lost track of over the years.  And it worked very well.  I found someone I lost track of for over 30 years, and her two daughters.  By this time she had Dementia, but she seemed to remember me (and my Mom and Dad (....it sure helped my heart). 

But honestly, I find Facebook far too invasive to volunteer my info on a daily basis.  I also received an email questioning why I haven't been participating on Facebook.  I rarely log in and just don't like Facebook in general.  I was also on Twitter for quite awhile.  Same deal.... the thrill is gone.       

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  LOL . . . so, we're both "old fashioned" in our suggestions!! Raspberries to them!!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

hahahahaha @drizzellla , that would be the perfect suggestion for me, LOL!

I'm pretty much just in dog groups anyway.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Spurt  LOL . . . so, we're both "old fashioned" in our suggestions!! Raspberries to them!!!

@BirkiLady 

Yep, guess so 👍😉😁

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I defeiended myself 10 years ago from Facebook.  Never missed it. But, now considering the breech and all the other stuff and the way they keep track of everything I am glad.   I don't do twitter or any social media, lol. 

Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I defeiended myself 10 years ago from Facebook.  Never missed it. But, now considering the breech and all the other stuff and the way they keep track of everything I am glad.   I don't do twitter or any social media, lol. 

This is actually social media....Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like facebook.  It has allowed me to connect with people from my very small high school class and my many cousins.  The advertisements are frustrating. 

My facebook rules:

1- put as little identifying info in as possible......use a different birthday or year and don't make it public

2- use a separate email address for FB

3 - make friends list private in case you are hacked

4 - don't do silly name tests or personaility predictors

5 - don't respond to posts asking about old phone numbers or pet names (things you might use as passwords)

6 - don't allow people to "tag" you in photos without your permission (this is in set up)

7 - don't accept friend requests from people you don't know or if you are already friends with them.........they may have been hacked. 

8 -  don';t share posts....such as "I don't know how many of my friends witll read this" type items. 

9- if you want to share a funny post, etc.....copy and paste rather than the share button. 

10- just for giggles, change your sex and see what pops up

I'm sure others of you may have things you do to keep your FB page safe.