Valued Contributor

Have you ever started the day with an awful feeling...

...that's it's going to be a bad day? I woke up this morning with a general feeling of dread and so far nothing has happened to change my mind. I hope it goes away but I'm feeling...the way you feel when you know it's going to be a bad day.

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you ever started the day with an awful feeling...

If you're a prayerful person, call on heaven to send it away.

Respected Contributor

I have had the same dread today and I am disappointed that it ruins things for me.  Leaning on my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Yes and it's impossible to shake that feeling.  I go through the day wxpecting "the call" telling me that something has happened to someone I love.  It happens a couple of times a year, I wake up with dread and it's with me all day but nothing bad happens.

Respected Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 Instincts are powerful forces. I hope you have a better day than you expect. Perhaps this evening you will post, "Relax, false alarm."

The state of the world is enough to cause all sorts of dread. Putin, Ukraine, COVID, mass tragedies, etc., are enough to cause anxiety in those who typically would never experience it.

Honored Contributor

I wake up every day thinking, this is a day the Lord has made and thank him for the privilege of living it as unto him, regardless of what the day has in store for me.  Then I don't have to worry about what is going to happen.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Yup, and I don't like that feeling.

Maybe you're keyed up because of the Covid situation.  Give them a call. Can't hurt, Might help.

Esteemed Contributor

Listen to your  feelings/instincts .  Shows on TV that interview people who have survived  real life horrible situations , many state they had a " funny feeling or an instinct that something was dreadfully wrong".

However ,  agree with others , that there are days I pray for protection for my family, friends and myself .

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, felt that way going to work in NYC on 9/11. I remember looking up and commenting how beautiful the sky was that day but still felt uneasy.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I wake up every day thinking, this is a day the Lord has made and thank him for the privilege of living it as unto him, regardless of what the day has in store for me.  Then I don't have to worry about what is going to happen.

This -- best answer.  Give it to him.