Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I haven't been reading about this tragedy but there are those drawn to these sad horrible criminal acts.  My sister always watches crime shows, true crime not fiction.  I do not, it depresses me. 

There was a TV program called Cold Case some years ago.  It centered on detectives solving old criminal cases.  It was fiction not based on real cold cases but pointed out the fact that there are hundreds upon hundreds of unsolved police cases.  While the show always solved the cases, in reality many murders, missing persons etc haven't been solved.  It must so difficult and frustrating for the families and friends of the victims.  

I hope there is closure with this case.  The news does tend to dwell on certain stories more than others. 

@spiderw  When that Cold Case show first went on the air or right before it did  I was on a plane sitting next to  a woman who said her son was engaged to that blond, female lead in the show. I politely listened to the woman but I had no idea who she was talking about because at the time I'd never heard of the show.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

So should those who are still interested be denied the right to post, comment or read about it?

Isnt't it wonderful that we don't have to read or comment on things we are not interested in?  To each their own.

@mspatmac  That is not what I wrote. Where do you see that? The OP wants the story to be over yet she herself is perpetrating it with her thread. I didn't tell anyone not to post. I just don't like hypocrisy.

@Pearlee   My comments were meant in general and not directed at you or anyone specific.  Just part of the overall conversation.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Pearlee 

Thank you for your special comments.   I wasn't aware that you controlled the assigned topics but I will make sure to check with you next time.  Have a great afternoon.

0186d67281bd12a5a109cd52ef663a25.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Won't Let It Rest

[ Edited ]

Editing to delete. The poster obsessed with me and stalking me just isn't worth it.👎

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Won't Let It Rest

[ Edited ]

@tennpal15 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They are both dead. There will be pending lawsuits ...

personally could care less about the subject  anymore

perhaps you mean you could not care less? 

@tennpal15   @SeaMaiden 

LOL .... every time I see it written here that "I could care less" I always want to ask HOW MUCH  less could they care  ....  they are often saying the opposite of what they actually mean ... Go figure.. 

I've wondered if it's a regional phrase because it shows up on here fairly regularly.   

Actually, I couldn't care less.  LOL     Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Pearlee

That is an interesting story!  Before Cold Case was aired I didn't know the actress and after the show was canceled I don't believe I have see her on TV or in the movies since!  I wonder if she is still acting.  Cold Case was a good show, different in that it addressed old cases not resolved and it showed the police/detectives following the trail and bringing closure.  I enjoyed it.  Thanks for your comments!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I SO agree. The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less."  

And it's not regional. I've seen people on TV and in real life from all over the US says this and I always mentally correct them.

"I could care less" means the person DOES care to a certain degree.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I SO agree. The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less."  

And it's not regional. I've seen people on TV and in real life from all over the US says this and I always mentally correct them.

"I could care less" means the person DOES care to a certain degree.

@Love my grandkids  You are correct it isn't regional. In fact saying "it shows up here regularly" contradicts it "being regional."

Esteemed Contributor

We don't need posters to correct, or police the boards. As long as we know what they mean let it go. Sometimes we are answering in haste. 

Honored Contributor

So just because other murder victims ,are not in the news,we ignore, get tired of the ones that are in the news? I find that cold,and very uncaring.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.