Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tennpal15 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They are both dead. There will be pending lawsuits ...

personally could care less about the subject  anymore

perhaps you mean you could not care less? 

@tennpal15   @SeaMaiden 

LOL .... every time I see it written here that "I could care less" I always want to ask HOW MUCH  less could they care  ....  they are often saying the opposite of what they actually mean ... Go figure.. 

I've wondered if it's a regional phrase because it shows up on here fairly regularly.   

Actually, I couldn't care less.  LOL     Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44  If it makes you feel better to analyze what others have written...OK

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I SO agree. The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less."  

And it's not regional. I've seen people on TV and in real life from all over the US says this and I always mentally correct them.

"I could care less" means the person DOES care to a certain degree.

@Love my grandkids  You are correct it isn't regional. In fact saying "it shows up here regularly" contradicts it "being regional."

@Pearlee   

Actually, it doesn't contradict anything.   From what I've seen on these boards, people from ALL regions of the country participate here regularly.  Not everyone here comments about their location very often, so what region they reside in wouldn't be clear.  Very poor reading comprehension on your part.  

@Love my grandkids 

LOL .....  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tennpal15 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They are both dead. There will be pending lawsuits ...

personally could care less about the subject  anymore

perhaps you mean you could not care less? 

@tennpal15   @SeaMaiden 

LOL .... every time I see it written here that "I could care less" I always want to ask HOW MUCH  less could they care  ....  they are often saying the opposite of what they actually mean ... Go figure.. 

I've wondered if it's a regional phrase because it shows up on here fairly regularly.   

Actually, I couldn't care less.  LOL     Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44  If it makes you feel better to analyze what others have written...OK

@SeaMaiden 

Each communication is the sole responsibility of the communicator, and we have to take the messages here  at face value.  It's not about analyzing anything. 

If someone makes a comment, but indicates they actually mean the opposite of what they are saying, people notice it rather quickly.     

If something is unimportant or irrelevant to you, does that mean you COULDN'T care less about it .... or you COULD care less?   If you COULD care less, how much less could you care?   

LOL  Have a nice day.

Respected Contributor

who are these people who are generating all this discussion? I have no idea who you're talking about. Someone clue me in, please...?

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I'm not clicking on any of it but have you noticed at least one to two times a day a story about Gabby and Brian appear.  Lately it's been mostly Brian but some of the pics they are publishing show the two as in love.

The news cycle must be slow, I really have no interest in any of this anymore.   

Are you reading?

@Just Bling It's not news any more.  It is either stuff like this that isn't news a month later, or all puppies and rainbows stuff that is not news either.

There is little news now--just sensationalist reporting and Pollyanna stories to play on people's emotions one way or the other.

And most "news" is propaganda one way or the other.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Won't Let It Rest

[ Edited ]

The news media are going to milk this story for all it's worth. I think all that's left to speculate is whether the parents obstructed justice and whether Brian is really dead.  Those stories will have an audience, no doubt.

ETA:  I suppose there could also be stories about lawsuits brought by Gabby's family vs. the Laundries.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

I think that part of the reason this story keeps going is that since part of what's reported happened in the west, but the families lived in the east, and people all over the country were alert to maybe Brian was in their area, most of the country was paying more attention than would normally occur.

Plus, I hate to say it, but whenever there's a missing person story in the news, it seems like the best looking missing person gets all the coverage.  JMO

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I'm not clicking on any of it but have you noticed at least one to two times a day a story about Gabby and Brian appear.  Lately it's been mostly Brian but some of the pics they are publishing show the two as in love.

The news cycle must be slow, I really have no interest in any of this anymore.   

Are you reading?

@Just Bling       Yes.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Pearlee 

and yet you are attacking me.  You know it's all about you you you and yet I'm " pathetic " for misreading your post.  Please don't go bullying me.

I can't believe you get away with this cr*p.

@Just Bling    You sound like the 'bully' with this post.

Honored Contributor

Looks like this was the only thread about the Brian and Gabby topic yesterday.

So. Congratulations? What next?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr