Respected Contributor

Just a friendly reminder to all who gas up their car. Please remember to shut off you engine, take your key and lock your door when you stop to get gas. I saw on the news today that a car was stolen with a 4 mo old baby in it when the mom stopped to get gas. Of course she was not thinking that someone would take her car but it happened. They did locate it and the baby was fine, no harm but the A-hole got away. I understand we have alot on our minds these days but stay safe and don't let these no goods get your property especially with a little one in the car and pass the warning  on to your children and grandchildren who have little ones. It makes me livid to think someone would take a car with a child in it !   Thanks for letting me vent

Esteemed Contributor

at 71...i grew up in such a simpler world....only wish my 4 grandchildren knew what that was like.....

Honored Contributor

I've always done this.

I've been called paranoid.

No, I'm just sensible.

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@nana59wrote: at 71...i grew up in such a simpler world....only wish my 4 grandchildren knew what that was like.....

I am your age and agree that things were different back then. I remember on hot summer nights we would be at my grandmas house playing in the front yard at 9 pm or just laying in the house on a mat at the front door (we didn't have air condition)with just the screen door between us and the outside and no one would bother us. Times have surely changed

Respected Contributor

The minute I get out of my car to get gas, my car is locked.  I always go inside to pay and upon arriving back to my car, I put away my wallet and again lock my car, then proceed to gas up.  Call me paranoid or smart?!?!  

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@nana59wrote: at 71...i grew up in such a simpler world....only wish my 4 grandchildren knew what that was like.....

I am your age and agree that things were different back then. I remember on hot summer nights we would be at my grandmas house playing in the front yard at 9 pm or just laying in the house on a mat at the front door (we didn't have air condition)with just the screen door between us and the outside and no one would bother us. Times have surely changed

@Goodie2shoes @nana59  This happens with every generation. I am 74 and my Grandmother would say the same things to me. She was born in 1900. 

Respected Contributor

Who puts gas in their vehicle with the engine running...good grief. I fill my tank on the drivers side, I leave the door open & my purse with keys are with me.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 

Where we live a lot of people leave their cars running, especially in the winter time. It drives me nuts. It even states at the pumps to turn your motors off, but people ignore that just like everything else. 

@kitcat51 wrote:

Who puts gas in their vehicle with the engine running...good grief. I fill my tank on the drivers side, I leave the door open & my purse with keys are with me.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 

@nana59 wrote:

at 71...i grew up in such a simpler world....only wish my 4 grandchildren knew what that was like.....

Me too, 85.  

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes I'm 73 and have been doing this since my 20s. I wouldn't dream of leaving my keys in a car or leaving it unlocked at any time.