Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It's a harmless little friendly survey.  No different than dozens of others posed on the Forums.  I find the responses and discussion to be very interesting. 

The inquiry is similar to the constant queries as to who always purchases what is frequently perceived as "overpriced, expensive " QVC food. 

No different. Good topic!

@Johnnyeager   Thank you.  It was really just meant as you said. A harmless survey.  I didn't see any reviews on it and thought I might find someone with experience with the BD throws on here.   

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Even in my senior years I am a big Disney fan, and, of course, being older, Bambi is among the first Disney movies I saw and is one of my favorites   ....

BUT...   Would you pay $142 for this throw? 

H224787

Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Disney Bambi Blanket 45" x 60"

@Georgiagrama  I don't care if others would or would not purchase this or any other product, if I wanted it and it was within my means, yes I would. I do appreciate reviews and others opinion on a product  IF they have experience with it but not based on price alone.  My money, my choice! 

If they had one of Snow White I would purchase in a heart beat for my married DD who loved her when growing up!  And yes, I have some BD items.

@mspatmac   Thank you. You are very kind.   There were no reviews on it so I was hoping for the best. 

Honored Contributor

The actual blanket is cute and tasteful. The colors are subtle and pretty. And it's not printed, the picture is woven in. If you really want it, you should treat yourself.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

The actual blanket is cute and tasteful. The colors are subtle and pretty. And it's not printed, the picture is woven in. If you really want it, you should treat yourself.

@Porcelain   Thank you.  I rarely buy things for myself, but I do like this pretty throw.

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama OK, you finally made me look.  It is so different, yet so classic.  If I were into the look, I would buy it.

Honored Contributor

as i said in a previous post, the quality is excellent and i do own a nice amount of BD items and have given the baby blankets as gifts to new moms.

if you are interested in OTHER disney characters, the BD website also has the lion king, cinderella, aristocrats, toy story, winnie the pooh, dumbo, frozen, minnie and mickey together, minnie, mickey, and the disney logo on throws and baby blankets. to me, these are keepsakes for sure. i have a few baby blankets that were from when i was a baby and my kids still have a few of theirs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Just Asking

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

as i said in a previous post, the quality is excellent and i do own a nice amount of BD items and have given the baby blankets as gifts to new moms.

if you are interested in OTHER disney characters, the BD website also has the lion king, cinderella, aristocrats, toy story, winnie the pooh, dumbo, frozen, minnie and mickey together, minnie, mickey, and the disney logo on throws and baby blankets. to me, these are keepsakes for sure. i have a few baby blankets that were from when i was a baby and my kids still have a few of theirs.

@sunshine45   Thank you for the information.  I didn't know that there was a web site, and thank you for the wonderful recommendation.  You certainly have had enough experience  with them to vouch for  the quality, and even though I love the look, I want it to be a "keeper" piece.  

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Even in my senior years I am a big Disney fan, and, of course, being older, Bambi is among the first Disney movies I saw and is one of my favorites   ....

BUT...   Would you pay $142 for this throw? 

H224787

Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Disney Bambi Blanket 45" x 60"

No, I wouldn’t. I just crocheted one close to that size for our grandchild who is arriving in a few months, using a beautiful cushy yarn (Bernat Baby Blanket yarn), for about $30.

i have purchased a few Barefoot Dreams cardigans for myself but they were nowhere  near the cost of that blanket and I expect to have them awhile.