Respected Contributor

@GeorgiagramaWould YOU pay it?  Why do you care what others would or would not do?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Asking

[ Edited ]

It's a harmless little friendly survey.  No different than dozens of others posed on the Forums.  I find the responses and discussion to be very interesting. 

The inquiry is similar to the constant queries as to who always purchases what is frequently perceived as "overpriced, expensive " QVC food. 

No different. Good topic!

Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Even in my senior years I am a big Disney fan, and, of course, being older, Bambi is among the first Disney movies I saw and is one of my favorites   ....

BUT...   Would you pay $142 for this throw? 

H224787

Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Disney Bambi Blanket 45" x 60"

@Georgiagrama  I don't care if others would or would not purchase this or any other product, if I wanted it and it was within my means, yes I would. I do appreciate reviews and others opinion on a product  IF they have experience with it but not based on price alone.  My money, my choice! 

If they had one of Snow White I would purchase in a heart beat for my married DD who loved her when growing up!  And yes, I have some BD items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW!!!!  Definitely NOT!!!  I understand about the licensing and image and all---but a small polyester throw---NO WAY!!!  If I wanted some memorablia with Bambi I think there is something else I could find.... And like  @January121  said I think this line is OVERPRICED!!!.........

There's some movie framed film cells for less than $50 on Ebay if I was a Disney Collector Id rather have one of those ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama If you can afford it and it means that much to you, sure, grab it!  If you know down deep it is for you do it but don't tell anybody else or you WILL possibly regret that!

I would never spend like that on someone else, because it may not mean that much to them.  Especially on grandkids because you cannot know what their most cherished memories are or will be.

A hard lesson I learned in my many years is don't try to think what other people see as special and spend a bundle on it because it hardly ever works out!  Woman Embarassed  Like I would think you were nuts if you bought that for me.  But if it means that much to YOU I'd be happy and say GO GET IT!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It's a harmless little friendly survey.  No different than dozens of others posed on the Forums.  I find the responses and discussion to be very interesting. 

The inquiry is similar to the constant queries as to who always purchases what is frequently perceived as "overpriced, expensive " QVC food. 

No different. Good topic!

@Johnnyeager 

I totally agree, I find this topic refreshing and different from the plethora of all the co-vid topics and little else to discuss on these Forums......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For my favorite Disney..."Lady and the Tramp"...I sure would! Heart

*TRAMP & LADY ~ Lady and the Tramp, c. 1955
~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Over all the years we've collected many nice pieces ($$$$) of Disney stuff and nope I sure wouldn't pay that for a throw.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  excellent points

Honored Contributor

I have to give Disney credit for persuading grown adults to pay 20x markup just to buy toys and children's items for themselves without having to feel embarrassed about it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr