Honored Contributor

@Malcontent ,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your

brave son.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: June 19th – 1952

[ Edited ]

Operated unofficially, ok.  Actually established by their Commander and Chief?  The President of the United States in the year provided earlier.

Joint Chiefs of Staff and their Commander and Chief so created this special group in 1987 after recognizing their abilities for years.  It became a bonafide part of the United States Army.

I wanted to clarify that what they were doing vs. when they were acknowledged for their skill sets and actually became a "special branch"  of the military is entirely two different matters.  I have learned something here today, and I hope others have as well.

Enjoy the rest of your father's day, Juneteenth Day and whatever else you call this day besides, Sunday!  LOL.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor
@on the bay... Oh my goodness. I must have read @Malcontent's thread too quickly. I didn't realize she had another son who was KIA. I didn't know what that meant until I read your post. @Malcontent... I'm very sorry you lost your son in the service. Yes. I'm sure you are proud of all your sons for serving. 🙏🏻 🇺🇸
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

Birth of the U.S. Army Special Forces.

My husband served 35 years in the U.S. Army SPEC OPS, and specifically served 32 years in Special Forces.

Two sons retired from S.F.

My youngest also 18 Series was KIA.

All 18 Series.

I am proud of them all.

De Oppresso Liber!

I thought you were doing a "this day in history."  No such event occurred in 1952 as you described it.   If you have ever mentioned your loved ones during Memorial Day or Veteran's Day, and I was here to post, I would of course, tell you thank you to them and your for your service.  

Be well.

@gertrudecloset   You are wrong about the date and apparently know nothing about military history.

@Malcontent   certainly did mention the loss of her son and you were here that day-your posting history is not a secret.

What did you hope to accomplish by trying to discredit this poster?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: June 19th – 1952

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 wrote:

Equal rights for ALL  Americans is very patriotic, not sure why some want to take this day away from some but whatever, says more about the person that is invalidating this date.

Based on this logic, wishing someone born on Dec 25th "happy birthday" would be invalidating Christmas. 

It is possible for more than one good thing to happen on a particular date but I guess not everyone can handle that? smh

@Malcontent  I appreciate the service and sacrifice of you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay 

Thank You.

Trusted Contributor

@EastCoastGal 

Thank You. My son, like his older brothers and father were all S.F.

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 

Thank You. 

Trusted Contributor
@Malcontent... I'm unable to heart posts so l wanted to tell you you're very welcome! ❤️
QVC Customer Care

Thank you for all of you post this evening. 

Do to the post turning off subject this thread is now closed. 

Any similar post started will be removed. 

Thank you,

Paulette